Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 11-09-2013, 10:21 PM

hope the pictures get posted! are you all behaving? sewing diligently on your projects. Any big Christmas projects your working on? wanna share pictures? I have to finish quilting a baby quilt should have given it to Jan. Its tough and I chose the wrong thread. I was having such a hard time getting the quilt through the machine its tough thought it was the quilt itself. its not tried to use that same thread to do a few seams on something else same trouble.. like its too thick or I know.. wound wrong on the spool itself. it doesn't come easily? so now do I finish it, half done or do I take out the seams and redo the whole thing... lots of work. and its more like 40 x 45 in size.. I could cry! but I wont I am determined to get that one done. wish me oodles of luck and I will post a finished picture if I ever get that far!

Linda
Old 11-10-2013, 04:32 AM

Good morning - I've been having fun making some mug rugs for friends for Christmas - and I suppose I will have to make for my 3 sisters and DD and DIL. Anyway - they have been a fun little project. I've used for these two a pattern by Julie Cefalu that she offered free on her site TheCraftyQuilter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]446082[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4043_web.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	446082  
Old 11-10-2013, 06:39 AM

Those are so cute. I want that snowman fabric. Told you when you guys post here its like shopping for me.. I see fabrics I have not seen before and designs I haven't tried (oodles of those) and well its like.. I NEED THAT those are going to be great gifts. Thanks for the link too I am going to go check it out right now!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:04 AM

IN honor of the upcoming Thanksgiving celebrations I have addressed Waldo's need to impress with some wonderful fall leaves that dotcom sent me for him and an Indian beaded necklace from the dh. He is in need of holiday décor for all the coming seasons so feel free to send him items so he is not naked for any season/holiday arriving in the future!

I think personally he is smashing....[ATTACH=CONFIG]446129[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	886137_729494863731349_775074766_o.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	442.2 KB
ID:	446129  
Old 11-10-2013, 04:15 PM

Waldo looks dashing in his new adornment.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:53 PM

Waldo is a darling! He looks so cute with his fall leaves on his little antlers.

Alicia, I didn't realize the post office is closed Monday for Veteran's Day. Will be mailing to you on Tuesday.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:15 AM

skaduzy you just saved me! its my DH's favorite holiday and I almost forgot. Phew I can be the first to say happy Veteran's day to him. It is like winning the lotto remembering that for him. Phew twice. I was so busy thinking about my trip to Billings today to meet up with the transplant team to see if they will take me on their list for a kidney that I totally forgot. He loves this day more than his birthday or Christmas.

Waldo is looking pretty dapper and I am thinking I am planning his demise right now for Christmas ornament hangers that he has there .. I am pretty sure if he was alive I would be his least favorite person. nah that guy with the elmers and antlers might make top listing..
Old 11-11-2013, 09:20 AM

Brat, Love Waldo's fall decor. Just wanted to ask if you would offer my thanks to your vet hubby for seriving our country. I know we never say thanks enough. Good luck in Billings!
Old 11-11-2013, 05:43 PM

thank you Sandy. He says thank you with a smile. We had a tough driving day lots of ice/snow going into billings on top of getting to the wrong building and sliding out.. to the visit at the clinic to the drive home where cell phone died so no gps and got lost going home an hour delay could it get easier? the doctors gave me a list of physical tests to have done so those will decide. I passed the shrink part and doc/transplant doc approval just the blood, ekg etcs to pass .. then the uncomfortable question.. you have three siblings? yes. three children healthy too? yes and a partner of almost 10 yrs who is healthy? yes.. why wont any of them save your life? great hate that question because truthfully it sort of stumps me too.. it is what it is is all I can say. for each separate reasons they wont donate for me. let me talk to them he says call your partner in right now.. uh not sure where he is (oh waiting in the lobby forgot that ).. and I felt like the worlds biggest loser. how great that feels. sheesh. so I will forget about that and go to the positive and say I am ready for the rest of the tests positive I personally pass them. this is grand . so whenI hear I will share it with you. over tired today. yikes. hope you all had a better day.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:05 AM

Mailing to you today also, skaduzy. ;-)