Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jo Ann's Veteran's Day Sale >

Jo Ann's Veteran's Day Sale

Jo Ann's Veteran's Day Sale

Old 11-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter View Post
I saw some fabric I wanted but was waiting for a good sale or coupon. When I saw the 60% off coupon, off to JoAnns I went for 2 yards. While waiting in line I eye-balled the candy...might as well get a couple pieces. GRRRRRRRR, the 2 yards I was going to use the 60% coupon on was on sale (no sign). I got 60% off my 50 cent piece of candy!!!
Been there and done that... too many times! Now I always run my fabrics under the price checker before I go to have them cut, just to be sure they aren't on sale and can be bought with coupons. The price checker will tell you either "Sale" or "Regular Price".
Old 11-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

I went on Mon., DH had plans with DS that didn't include me on Sat. & Sun., so I felt he owed me coming along so that I could use his Veteran's ID for the 20% off total purchase, including sale items. I was going to buy 2 queen size Warm & Natural battings, however, there were only 2 left, so I only took one home with me. I did buy fusible fleece and Wonder Under because it was half off, along with a variety of items: sewing & sewing machine needles, buttons, plastic canvas (to use as bottoms to the Bow Tucks bags), 2 beautiful fabrics that were in the Red Tag aisle for 50% off, that sale price. I also came home with a few yards of Christmas fabric, I know I have a lot, but I needed bigger yardage than what I had, a quilting magazine and some zippers. According to the sales slip, I saved twice the amount that I spent, so it was a good deal, at least for me.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:48 PM

Default 60% coupon

I had a 60% on my phone and as I walked into Joanns a girl gave me an extra coupon she had. I bought a pair a ginger pinking sneers, an 8 inch serrated gingher and a queen batting pkg for 50%.
I am so pleased because just the regular price of the pinking sheers paid for all three things saving nearly $65.00.