Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where Were You November 22, 1963? >

Where Were You November 22, 1963?

Where Were You November 22, 1963?

Old 11-18-2013, 07:00 AM

here in Uk, it was so sad as well. I was in my 20's so of course he was to myself and friends, not only your president, but a very handsome man. Years later, in fact 5 weeks after 9/11, myself and three friends went on a long planned trip to Washington DC, nothing was going to stop me going, and while there we visited his memorial in Arlington. I remember being surprised when I realised that he was older than my mother. I had always still thought of him as a young and handsome man. Very very sad, so tragic.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:05 AM

All these stories are so heartbreaking. That day is my very earliest memory. I was almost six years old, and my mother and I were at the movie theatre in the city. When the movie ended and we walked outside, the streets were eerily silent. I remember my Mom saying immediately, "Something is wrong." She grabbed my hand and we started running. We came across an older lady walking along crying... my mom stopped her and asked what was going on, and she told us the Kennedy was dead. We went home on the bus, and stayed in front of the television for the next few days, watching all that went on. Such a sad time.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:28 AM

I was home sick in bed, watching the TV. I heard the news and went and got my Mom. I would have been a freshman in HS at the time.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

I to was at home sick that day, I would have been in the 5th grade.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

I remember sitting in my first grade classroom when we were told what had just happened. I remember it like a black cloud had just descended on all of life. He was a charismatic and beloved president. We lived in the Boston area so he was certainly loved there! I felt fear and disbelief, like nothing in life would ever be the same again.

I think the saddest image from the funeral was that of little John-John saluting his father's casket. I remember thinking, 'How will that child make it without his Daddy?'

My father studied all the Kennedy murder conspiracy theories until the day he died. He never thought it was just as was told to us. He believed Oswald was a patsy.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 11-18-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:39 AM

I was 16 and in gym class when it came over the intercom.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:56 AM

I was a freshman in college outside of Washington DC. Friend told me the news when I got back to the dorm shortly after the shot. Grabbed my gear and headed over to the campus radio station where I worked. The AP wires wouldn't stop ringing, almost burned out the machine. Went to do some mobile interviews with residents. No one wanted to talk. Spent rest of the weekend in DC.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:03 AM

I was working in the Collector's Office in Lynn, MA. when a fellow worker called on her lunch hour to tell us the news. None of us could believe it and our boss went and found a radio so we could work and follow the breaking news.
People coming in to pay tax bills of all kinds were all crying, it was a horrible day and weekend.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:14 AM

I was a Junior in HS and in my Algebra II class. Some came to the classroom door and called our teacher out to the hall. When she came back in she was upset and told us what had happened. None of us could believe it. School was released early and we all went home. The bus ride home was very quiet.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:40 AM

I was watching TV with my almost 3 yr old and my 19 mo. old. Busy time!!