Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 11-18-2013, 06:45 AM
Banned

Kif,

I turned 49 this past June. So I know how you are feeling.

Recently I made a post about something my first MIL used
to tell me. No matter what my age was in her eyes I was not
old enough to know what life is about.

By the off chance you might be interested in reading the "story"
it can be found in the personal diaries and announcements
section.

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Love all the ornys..no comment on getting old from me...suffice it to say that 49 is coming up for me...then the big 5-0! And, I really don't care...I had an older gentleman tell me one time that "Every day above ground is a good day." 'Nuff said...lol Here is my 2nd orny, came in yesterday, from Raine54RN , isn't he cute? Thanks so much, Raine!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]447425[/ATTACH]
Kif
Old 11-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

I'm 54 and had a lot of parts replaced already. I figure by the time i'm about 60, I should have a few more parts replaced. isn't it great what they can do now adays. Oh modern science. I don't even remember what I did for my 50th birthday,much less what I got. that's scary. now if they can just figure out a way to fix my brain
Old 11-18-2013, 02:05 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

I had car accident at 21 broke every bone in my skinny body was in coma for a month. Lynnie, they say the brain does not regenerate. my bones all healed. was unable to walk for a year but I'm good now. no wait, I can't dance. oh crap I never could! yea so a lil forgetful but grateful for every day. don't remember presents on birthdays either. no biggie. it's my normal. sorry you have had medical troubles. but, yes it's wonderful what they can do now. and when ya can't remember it means you get to start over. so really we are what 24? yea, I'm going with that lol
Old 11-18-2013, 02:48 PM

Quilty-Louise,
You betcha I will read your story. I figure everyone has something, and I am not ashamed of it..I talk about it some..usually crack jokes, as humor is something that helps me keep going, read about others' ills, and as Cherrio said, try and just be grateful...tho sometimes I admit Pollyanna would not be a nickname for me! Lol.. More like Rosanna Rosanna Danna....haha
K
Old 11-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

I can't dance either!!ha ha. seriously, my feet don't get it. I look like a scarecrow with a stick up my b...
I had a woman try to teach me how to dance. said she taught a man with two artificial legs how to dance. she gave up on me. either you have it or you don't. thank goodness my dh doesn't know how to dance either. saves me a lot of aggravation. I worked in a casket co. anyday we showed up at work was a great day for me!
nothing is worth complaining about, life is great, I have a great son, husband and kitty and some great friends. what more do you need. that's the stuff money can't buy. that's what it's all about.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:45 PM

Hi Guys,

well, I am going to be 50 in 2014 and having lost my mother when she was only 49 and my wonderful brother when he was 43 I have learned that every day is special and should be lived to the fullest.

Now that said, I am worried that the packages I sent haven't arrived yet. I posted to my DD who lives in Texas on the same day and she received her chocolate stash days ago!!!!!!

Also, sadly I still haven't received any ornies yet.... But I understand that they are probably coming from across the pond so maybe I will have to be patient for a little longer!

hugs

Caroline
Old 11-18-2013, 05:35 PM

Agree, Lynnie! I can dance...now not Dancing with the Stars quality, tho...sadly, my dh couldn't dance if his life depended on it! Waaay back in the Stone Age, we went a few times to hear my brother's band play. They played mostly country (yuk, I know, I know..I am a Texas gal who doesn't care much for country music..GASP!) Anyways, dh and I were attempting to 2 step, and we literally were counting the steps off..not kidding here...it was too funny! Then when we left, we turned pick-up radio to rock and roll so fast, I am laughing just recalling those times! I think dh will be the old coot in the nursing home walking (shuffling) about wearing his AC/DC T-shirt..AND for him, that IS a "dressy shirt", thank you very much! lol..That's where I kindly step in and "suggest" "maybe this other shirt will look better for this occasion, dear". Luckily he has never worn his hair "rock and roll long" (though he grows it much better on the back of his head than the front ). Isn't this board a fun pick-me-up? I love "cutting up" with you all!
Kif
Old 11-18-2013, 05:48 PM

Quilty-Louise,
I read your story..heart breaking, yet touching. Dh and my only child, our son (28 yrs old) was married a year ago this past July. He married a sweet girl who was widowed at age 23. She is now 27. Her daughter was just a few months old when her 1st husband died. I cannot imagine my husband nor my child dying, especially so young. So, now we have our dear son, our ddil, our amazing lil granddaughter who was 4 in June, and our 1st grandson is due next month. We are thrilled our son is happily married, adopted our dgd, and is to be a daddy again soon..but it is bittersweet, I cry just thinking about dgd's biological daddy..and what his dad and mom have been /still going thru..just unimaginable to me. Thankfully we are all happily involved in dgd's life..I don't think a child can have too much love!
Kif
Old 11-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

hey Kif, i'll take some extra if you got it!!! I used to do security in an adult home, and we had a few like your dh. My son is a cook in an adult home. I love the stores he tells about the people there. I enjoyed it, but I was working 4 jobs at 102 hrs a week and could barely stay awake. I guess that's why I can't sleep now. everyone, I need a project to work on at night. all of you put your heads together and come up with something. thank you
Old 11-19-2013, 02:00 AM

Lynnie,
I pm'd you some suggestions...or just join me here on qb at 3:55 am...yawn...
Kif