Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 11-18-2013, 05:37 AM

I have never used metallic thread in the bobbin, I do change the needle and I use embroidery bobbin thread and no problems. Like kiffee I use a thread stand and if not a net over the spool.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:08 AM

quiltermomma uses a lot of metallic thread you could ask her for advice also I have tried it once it snapped on me right and left and well, its not my favorite to use but it is my favorite to look at. So wishing oodles of luck with that. I have no idea about your new machine purchase. I guess trying both is sorta like test driving a car. Sewing machines can be such a big investment you had better play with both .. what works for one. not so much for another. I bet there are tons of reviews on those machines online. You should read at least 10 for each so you can learn what the great things and the things that are not so great on them. I found mine was good for basic sewing sold for the low price I paid. I have a super regular 200.00 machine. It was the best I could afford and it works. Unfortunately you can not fmq on it. I didn't know this so guess I wont be learning that trick for a long while. Lucky lucky me I happen to know this local quilter who has a long arm and well about 10 machines and she is pretty darned handy when I need bigger things quilted. Confession: I hate quilting quilts. Said it. its out in the open.. I love making quilt tops. I hate quilting them and omg.. binding.. how boring is that! but these quilt things look so much better quilted and bound so.. there you go. cant have your cake and eat it to in this game. again.. lucky me I have Jaba

btw thanks Jan. That was a nice thing to say .. you like having a bit of me in your quilts. I guess I am your "amish" quilt friend making sure you get an error in every block!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:38 AM

It works brat! Then I have an excuse, not my fault.....all yours!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:03 AM

Runner is all sandwiched and waiting for me to quilt. Hopefully tonight. Binding tomorrow and sending on the due date. See, no spankings necessary Brat! (partner and I are in contact too)
Old 11-18-2013, 03:24 PM

DustysMomma- your runner made it to the post office today. Lady said it should be to you on Thursday.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:52 PM

was sooo looking forward to that spanking tlambing. sheesh who is next? guess Mom-6 is escaping the spank meister!

I mailed mine to Nurse bonnie today also the hubby finally took it in. Gave him two he got one mailed. said well the other needed a declaration not sure what to write. I said look at the front of the little envelope what does it say? SCRAP FABRIC its scrap fabric .. oh. so now I have to go and that is not fun for me. after clinic.. sigh. I will get it done its a block going to Australia. sigh.. so helpful he is lol.

I guess I will finish my appliqued doll quilt and officially I am swapped out for the year. How did I manage that? one block at a time lol.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:06 AM

Wow last to post and first to post.. its one of those days lol.

I think its freezy outside so I have to get my tail in gear so I can warm the truck up in time but I wish everyone a great day today. I worked hard all weekend on a round robin and will spend the next two days trying to finish it up, clean the house way up for my Sons impending visit. OH boy that makes me happy. I can't wait to see him and well its going to force me out of the house and to tour the town I haven't toured yet much.. we are going to go up the South Fork and look for mountain sheep. this could be kind of cool a pretty drive I am told and warm in the truck so I am golden!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:01 AM

OH NO! NO spankings needed! Mine is in the mail today on it's way across the country from NC to CA to tlambing! Hope she likes it!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:43 PM

I just sent a pm to oneteappot requesting her address so I can get mine in the mail.

Brat - enjoy your visit with your son - have fun exploring and going on new adventures. Please share photo of mountain sheep when you find them.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:44 PM

Dabbler312
Your runner is on the way! You should get it tomorrow or Friday, if the PO is right. Hope you like it! It was fun
Laurel