Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The lives and loves of 18" dolls >

The lives and loves of 18" dolls

The lives and loves of 18" dolls

Old 11-09-2013, 07:29 AM

Ok, i confess! I want at least one of everything! I need socks. Would lovve the pattern, altho' another confession, I'm not so fond of knitting! I usually get a quarter inch of the ribbing done and then remember i don't enjoy doing it! Lol, but I can persevere when it's something i really want! My sister knits prayer shawls so i will snitch some small bits of yarn from her to try making some. Where can I find the pattern, please?
Old 11-09-2013, 01:05 PM

Those socks are so cute. Sure wish my fingers wouldn't complain sew much when I knit.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
Ok, i confess! I want at least one of everything! I need socks. Would lovve the pattern, altho' another confession, I'm not so fond of knitting! I usually get a quarter inch of the ribbing done and then remember i don't enjoy doing it! Lol, but I can persevere when it's something i really want! My sister knits prayer shawls so i will snitch some small bits of yarn from her to try making some. Where can I find the pattern, please?
I think she just googled American girl knitting patterns and found it on line. She has knitted sweaters for my DGD's doll, too. All are free patterns.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:59 AM

Sue Fish, I have googled patterns and cannot find a sweater pattern like your blue one above. Would you be willing to share that pattern with me or tell me where I can find it. I have very little knitting experience but would love to try that one!

Bertied
Old 11-19-2013, 09:03 PM

BertieD-- sue fish does not seem to be on the qb any more. I found quite a few patterns but not that one. I think she said she makes it up as she knits.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:08 PM

Romanojg- there are tons of patterns out there. There are books with patterns, commercial patterns ( like mc call's and butterick) and free or pay for patterns on the web . Google American girl doll clothes, or just 18" doll clothes and you'll get an avalanche! Have fun!! Glad you are here! Post pictures!
Old 11-20-2013, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
Romanojg- there are tons of patterns out there. There are books with patterns, commercial patterns ( like mc call's and butterick) and free or pay for patterns on the web . Google American girl doll clothes, or just 18" doll clothes and you'll get an avalanche! Have fun!! Glad you are here! Post pictures!
I was strolling through the beginning of this thread and found this:

"here are some links for free patterns http://www.youcanmakethis.com/produc...s-for-Tots.htmhttp://dorriebelle.tripod.com/id30.htmlhttp://www.infinitefreedom.com/chall...irections.htmlhttp://www.snsdolls.com/pattarch/dol...oemain.htm#tophttp://asteadfastlife.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html enjoy"

So, you might want to begin at the beginning and find other websites listed.

Nancia is right, just google 18" doll or American doll and you will find a ton of free patterns. Also, if you go to YouTube and do a search there on 18" or American doll you will find tutorials and from there websites which offer many free patterns. Then, also after looking at patterns you will find that you can add to a pattern to tweak for a new look.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:42 AM

Does anyone know why Sue isn't around. I really enjoyed her doll clothes. Hope she is okay.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:28 PM

hello everyone just ordered me my fancy nancy doll. cant wait to get her.. and make all sorts of clothes for her. she has such a cute face...now where to find the patterns or clothes already made with in reason price...
Old 11-22-2013, 04:33 PM

Debra: Your profile doesn't say where you are, but if you are in the US JoAnn's pattern books are a gold mine. If you wait until they go on sale, you can get them for $1 a piece with multiple outfits. I am strictly an observer but love to see pictures. Can't wait to see yours.