Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Request info on Brother PQ1500S quilting machine >

Request info on Brother PQ1500S quilting machine

Request info on Brother PQ1500S quilting machine

Old 11-20-2013, 01:09 PM

I love mine. I oil it with every 4th bobbin change -- someone on here recommended that, and it seems to work well. Like others, I've learned not to thread through all the holes. I use two holes and it works perfectly. What I really love is I can go from FMQ to walking foot without making any adjustments except to raise/ lower the feed dogs. And the extra harp space is wonderful for FMQ. So glad you decided to buy it for yourself. Sounds like you need a nice gift like that.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:50 PM

This is my first time posting on the board but I've been following it for a couple of years and I love it. Everyone is so nice and helpful, I've really learned a lot. I have a Brother PQ1500S and I love,love love it. It is the best machine that I have ever owned. Mine sometimes gets unthreaded but not very often and it isn't much of a problem. I got mine on Amazon and it was $599 with free shipping. I would really be interested in joining the yahoo group of machine owners. Does anyone know how to do that? I have a few questions that I haven't been able to answer with the materials that were included with the machine.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sewsumi View Post
This is my first time posting on the board but I've been following it for a couple of years and I love it. Everyone is so nice and helpful, I've really learned a lot. I have a Brother PQ1500S and I love,love love it. It is the best machine that I have ever owned. Mine sometimes gets unthreaded but not very often and it isn't much of a problem. I got mine on Amazon and it was $599 with free shipping. I would really be interested in joining the yahoo group of machine owners. Does anyone know how to do that? I have a few questions that I haven't been able to answer with the materials that were included with the machine.
Why not ask us other owners of this machine. Good chance one of us knows the answer :O)
Old 11-20-2013, 03:24 PM

I have had mine since last Monday. Once I found out it had a rotary hook I placed the order. It is a quiet running machine. My husband usually lets me know he can hear my machines running but he hasn't said a word. I am trying to get 2 quilts finished before I start another one and this machine is making the quilting part SO much easier because of the larger throat. I'm not killing my back and shoulder muscles trying to jam the quilt through a 6 inch opening. You will like it. If I had to come up with an issue it would be that the needle down isn't a needle up/down. If you have the needle set to remain down when the machine stops you have to turn the hand wheel to raise the needle - unless you are using the thread cutter. It is not a deal breaker. No machine is perfect - but this one comes darned close for quilting!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:06 PM

I got this machine back in August and haven't regretted it for a minute. I love it for piecing and quilting. I did find that for whatever reason I was getting skipped stitches when I tried to free motion with Aurifil, but when I changed to Isacord thread it went smooth as silk and I haven't had a problem. I did modify the free motion foot that came with the machine a bit so I could see better as well. But honestly- it was a great purchase, IMO. Just an all-around good machine. Enjoy yours!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:12 PM

I am another happy Brother PQ1500s owner. I have had my machine for a month now and love it. I did pay much more than $599.00 for it, but then that's the price I pay for living in Canada where everything is so much more expensive. I still think the machine was worth every penny I paid for it. It really is a nice machine for FM quilting.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:03 PM

I own 6 machines and the 1500 is my absolute favorite. I downloaded the service manual and told my husband he'd be fixing it and NOT buying me a new one if something ever went wrong, lol!

I got mine with a New Joy frame from a quilter who just couldn't get it working right on the frame, so she upgraded to a Gammill. The machine was brand spanking new, didn't even have lint in it. I think she quilted all of 2 rows before deciding she needed more than 5" of throat space, lol. I got a heck of a deal.

Originally Posted by Sewsumi View Post
I would really be interested in joining the yahoo group of machine owners. Does anyone know how to do that?
Yes, go here and join. It's that easy. http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PQ1500/info
Old 11-21-2013, 05:09 PM

I bought mine off craigslist and I LOVE it. I keep oil by my machine and every time I change the bobbin I sweep out the lint bunnies and give her a shot of oil. Yes it's very fast and in the manual they suggest needles to use. Buy them. They are designed for high speed sewing. Enjoy and watch your fingers. ).
Old 11-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

Sewing machine oil has to be Sewing Machine oil. If it is yellow color it is old sewing machine oil. Oil made for sewing machines evaporate. That is why oil is needed often, the machine doesn't make it disappear. If the oil didn't evaporate lint and dust would cake up fast in the oil.