Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 11-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

yum candy, I went to michaels yesterday and got 40% off Godiva, dark chocolate with sea salt. that way, it's good for you. trying to switch to dark, the doc says it's good for you. since it's made from a seed pod, and seeds come from plants, i'm counting it as my veggie for the day. yummy, what a way to eat your veggies!!! i'd love to see the light bulb ornis. last year I saw them painted like snowmen, a big omg sooo cute. can you show us yours??
Old 11-20-2013, 12:10 PM

Received my second ornament package Monday from Eileen Palumbo. I think the mailman swam through the lake on his way here. All my mail was soggy. Unfortunately the tissue paper colored the pretty folded and pinked edge tree and the
fabric package so I hand washed them and they are much better. They are so cute! Thank you very much. I don't do a tree any more but I have a small ornament tree on the mantle. Trying to get in holiday mode but I'm slogging through the days and behind on everything.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:09 PM

Dark chocolate as a veggie..splendid idea, Lynnie! But, I just can't hardly eat dark chocolate. As you know, I am not much of a chocolate eater in general..now bring on pies, cakes, cookies...lemon, lime, apple, cherry, cinnamon, peach, pear tarts, pecan pie, cinnamon rolls, home made breads..does it count for healthy-er if I make oatmeal bread?? Lol..
Monroe, I hear ya on the holiday spirit..I feel like the Grinch...prior to Cindy Lou Who and his heart growing..sigh...good thing you were able to hand wash your ornys. The Post Office did have that "Through rain, sleet, snow..." advert a few years back. Don't recall through a lake being part of it..lol..
Kif
Old 11-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Power Poster

i'll make an apple crumble pie for turkey day and maybe chocolate cream pie for dh. i'll think of you kiffie, as i'm cinnamoning those apples and pouring brown sugar over them, oops, don't forget that ice cream. might make cinnamon ice cream too. just me and dh and kitty Zoey at the table this year. so making a turkey breast in the toaster oven, and sweet pot in the oven and of course homemade cranberries. then the next day Hannaukka and Christmas cookies to start on. ohhh, them holidays are a creeping up on us. next thing you know, it will be Valentines day.

I need suggestions on what to get for dh for Valentines day, so please, everyone sound in on this on.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:54 PM

Chocolate has always been a veggie in my book. Chocolate comes from cocoa and cocoa come from a bean so it's a veggie. Always has been and always will be!!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Dark chocolate as a veggie..splendid idea, Lynnie! But, I just can't hardly eat dark chocolate. As you know, I am not much of a chocolate eater in general..now bring on pies, cakes, cookies...lemon, lime, apple, cherry, cinnamon, peach, pear tarts, pecan pie, cinnamon rolls, home made breads..does it count for healthy-er if I make oatmeal bread?? Lol..
Monroe, I hear ya on the holiday spirit..I feel like the Grinch...prior to Cindy Lou Who and his heart growing..sigh...good thing you were able to hand wash your ornys. The Post Office did have that "Through rain, sleet, snow..." advert a few years back. Don't recall through a lake being part of it..lol..
Kif
My husband tells me flooded roads are not included in the postal motto. He's the postmaster and we don't get our mail when the road floods (about twice a year). Of course, he makes it to work so I don't know why the delivery guy can't make it here!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

lynnie, like you, I can't post pics.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Power Poster

cheerio, doesn't it suck raw eggs oh a hot day?!?!? I need to do something about it. but for now, at least my partners can post a picture, or sometimes I can get dotty (dotcomdtcm) to post.
is everyone ready to join the pincushion swap on Nov 25th. it's just like ornaments, small cute little things in pkgs to brighten your day.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:16 AM

I just recieved my 2nd ornament. I love it, and the other treats too[ATTACH=CONFIG]447983[/ATTACH]. This is from Janet Oliver.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1821.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	743.2 KB
ID:	447983  
Old 11-21-2013, 10:48 AM

I can not post photos to the post but found out if you put Ur photo in your album on your page then copy the short cut and post it here then we can see your goodies. In fact I will do that with the last ornament I got.
Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
lynnie, like you, I can't post pics.