Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 11-21-2013, 05:28 AM

Morning WORLD! I hope your all well this beautiful day. Its a balmy 8 degrees, not sure if we have wind chill this morning should hit.. 23 today! yippee, I think I will freeze to death and die on the way to clinic. I am so excited to be leaving in just a couple minutes I can hardly handle it. yikes. the beast we drive does not warm up inside til your driving about 15 minutes. vinyl seats. Can you say cold??

I am so happy your all sending away it warms my heart. At least something is warm this morning I have to go to the airport to pick up Alex this day so wish us a marvelous visit. I will post later when we re home safely and able to relax. a bit of snow on the ground, ugh I hate driving/walking in that stuff!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:33 AM

tlambing...... your package in at the sorting facility in Sacramento! Hopefully it will be out for delivery today....
Old 11-22-2013, 06:51 AM

thinking Nursebonnie should have hers today too if not yesterday its gorgeous 3 degrees, snow crusting the lawn..think it will go up to 30 today! yipppeee let those boys go out and shoot and fish. Me? staying inside as best I can. I am NOT fond of getting that cold. lovely view I have from my couch, warm and cozy with a cup of coffee. OH heck no!

Yesterday I had my first experience driving on a highway coated in ice. The whole thing. What lanes? cant see any lanes. Going somewhere I had not been before. People wnting to drive 45, me 25 looking for the airport. see the entrance try to stop.. just slide along the road.. ok skip that entrance keep driving scared to death.. see the real entrance to the airport too late not going to try to stop for that so go three miles farther waiting for a flat spot on the highway so I can stop without skiing in my big giant suburban with four wheel drive.. I think a missal on the highway I was. yikes. I was so glad to let my boy drive when he got in. I said your a professional driver, tag! your it. forget he is from the Bay Area no snow or ice lol. He said thanks MOM well off to have a lovely morning visit fix some breakfast. Have a wonderful day everyone. GET SEWING! lol.. (such a horrible chore).
Old 11-22-2013, 08:02 AM

I think everyone should learn to drive in the north country when there is snow and ice to navigate through - that is truely an experience and makes for better drivers. My little puddle jumper that I drive will probably need new tires this winter - we've had two wintery driving days so far this year and the first one sent me spinning in circles - YEE HA - after that I learned I needed to be a creeper to get to work. Today is another light snow day and ZERO wind chill - I'm loving my morning - it's my ideal kind of day.

After Brian mailed out oneteappot's runner for me the other day I was cleaning up my sewing room and found the 10-minute table runner that I made for whomever my partner was going to be and set it aside - goofy me - some days I would forget my arxx if wasn't connected - anyway it missed the packing envelope so it's traveling to it's destination on its own.

Welcome Winter with open arms my friends - when it snows go out and play and make snow angels.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:16 AM

I probably would be making those snow angels if I still could dabbler, use to love to go skiing too. Not anymore I'm afraid and if I got down in the snow someone would have to pull me up that's for sure. Had a hard enough time this morning just trying to get my pants on, so far the socks aren't working for me. Suppose to go to physical therapy in about 30 minutes and am wondering how I'm going to get in the car. My right side is having a really good time with the muscle spasms and nerves, can't get downstairs to sew. Today is not going to be wonderful...
Old 11-22-2013, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
I think everyone should learn to drive in the north country when there is snow and ice to navigate through - that is truely an experience and makes for better drivers. My little puddle jumper that I drive will probably need new tires this winter - we've had two wintery driving days so far this year and the first one sent me spinning in circles - YEE HA - after that I learned I needed to be a creeper to get to work. Today is another light snow day and ZERO wind chill - I'm loving my morning - it's my ideal kind of day.

After Brian mailed out oneteappot's runner for me the other day I was cleaning up my sewing room and found the 10-minute table runner that I made for whomever my partner was going to be and set it aside - goofy me - some days I would forget my arxx if wasn't connected - anyway it missed the packing envelope so it's traveling to it's destination on its own.

Welcome Winter with open arms my friends - when it snows go out and play and make snow angels.

Oh MY GOSH Dabbler, you are a girl after my own heart.. I LOVE WINTER & especially SNOW SNOW SNOW... I don't think there's been a time that I actually said 'I hate snow'! I'm from northern Missouri, (live in OKla now) and when we had winter, we had WINTER...Here all they do is 'promise' it and nothing happens!!! Just can't get over that.. ;o(

We could sure have some good times if I lived (wherever you are) close. Of course they may have to get a block and tackle to get us up outa the snow, but it would be worth it...LOLOLO Please enjoy it for me..

Jean
Old 11-22-2013, 10:23 AM

I received this awesome runner today from QuiltingKrazy. Isn't it beautiful! I just love the whimsical look of the snowflakes and aren't you just jealous of the snowflake batik. Forgot to turn the back so you could see, but the back is also a snowflake batik in a sand color. LOVE IT! Thanks so much Lisa!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]448173[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	winter.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	448173  
Old 11-22-2013, 11:11 AM

I liked this so much.... I am making a couple more just like it for my sisters! and ME!
Old 11-22-2013, 12:36 PM

Love it! I am the adopted sister aren't I Krazy?
Old 11-22-2013, 03:32 PM

Default My runner from Dabbler312

I received my runner from. Dabbler/Kristine today. It is so pretty and certainly looks like winter!!! I love it!
Great job, Kristine!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	448238