Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 11-24-2013, 05:40 AM

Default Winter Frolic from oneteappot

Oh I love a good spooky suspense movie - I haven't watched one in a long while; once our contract with Charter expires we're going to get rid of some of our premium movie channels because we don't watch them. kiffie how nice to be able to be snowed in - that hasn't happened here anymore. Back when I was young we would get snow drifted across the road and cars would be buried.

Beautiful runners everyone.

I received this fun reversible table runner from Laurel - aka oneteappot; she was a sweetie and included some left over fabric so I can make a couple small ten minute runners or I can add a band across the bottom of a tea towel (I've only ever done one of those in my lifetime) lots of ideas. She also included a needle card and an angel ornament - ornament is already hanging on my teddy bear tree. I've already put the runner out in our bay window - perfect; thanks again Laurel; you do very nice work.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nov 2013 Winter Frolic Runner from oneteappot - akron oh.JPG
Views:	394
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	448452   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nov 2013 Winter Frolic Table Runner from oneteappot - akron oh.JPG
Views:	416
Size:	346.4 KB
ID:	448453  
Old 11-24-2013, 08:23 AM

Love those runners! that is a huge runner on the black table lots of little rows there. It goes perfectly! and of course I see snowmen here, well we know I need snowmen so that one might have to wander over my way and oh yes the beautiful poinsettia mat and mug rug. Those are very elegant and would look grand on my coffee table so again, I think well, if you need my mail to because your not really sure how to use your runners please pm me immediately!

I did not get any mail yesterday kif, the man didn't stop to bring it in perhaps its in the mailbox and he can waltz out on the ice to go get it. the road into my drive is frozen ice/snow. I personally can NOT walk on it. Today hopefully more melts, the highways are now clear but the little streets not so much. I have had the front door open for a couple hours so it surely is at least 30. fresh air is good, saying this while wrapped in a throw blanket. and wearing a sweatshirt inside which I never do my son is probably going to whomp me CA weather boy.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:37 AM

I love seeing all these beautiful runners and mats!
Old 11-24-2013, 09:13 PM

Brat -- Hope you had a wonderful time with your son!!
Old 11-25-2013, 05:55 AM

We had a nice visit and I was sad to see him go. I must be getting old crying at stuff like that sigh.. took him to the brewery in town. We had a nice lunch. That said they don't make beer yet.. huh? we had a good laugh at the fact it was a decorator brewery not a real one. Cooked some pretty good meals and well it was not a bad time at all. I now will have to anticipate my daughters visit whenever she gets time off for this. I spent some time playing with fabric after he was gone .. egad in the morning while they were just hanging out I so wanted to just go sew a 'little bit' you know just three or four blocks.. it was so hard waiting to go do this!
Old 11-25-2013, 01:28 PM

I should have a package in the mailbox when I get home! Can't wait! I'm like a kid when it comes to checking the mail box for surprises! OH we are suppose to get some snow tonight here in Statesville, NC! YEA! then freezing rain! ugh! Oh I have to share my photo of my hubby and our pups! the dogs posed so pretty! (totally just happen by accident)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pups.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	448666  
Old 11-25-2013, 01:36 PM

Cute picture!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:41 PM

what a bunch of good looking dogs!
Skaduzy we will miss you enjoy your holiday!

I am waiting patiently for my runners! yippee you all packed them up and put them in the mail for me right? RIGHT? no? again, sigh.. seriously it takes two minute to stuff that envelope (evil grin).. and send them my way. relieve you of the burdon your under keeping that new one. too many and all that...no? darn it. time to spike your punch.. have another glass then we will talk.

I want to do a batik new years runner quick swap.. anyone want to do it within this swap without posting another new one? we could get a few traded if your interested. due back the week of Dec 26th..
Old 11-25-2013, 11:35 PM

Love the hubby/dogs pic!
I have quite a bit of batik fabric, hard to believe, but I haven't made anything with any of it! Only used it in some applique projects..
I actually ordered a table runner kit that is all batiks, from Connecting Threads. It's all still waiting to be made. 20 lashes with a wet noodle for me! I have said to self, "Self, you are not starting anything new until you finish some of the ufos you have everywhere!".
I am working on finishing the brazilian embroidery/ribbon work/beading/embellishments on the 12 blocks I have 3/4 finished so I can get the quilt done for my Mom. The blocks are 15" square. I have the center main embellishments done on each one, and many of the seams and motifs finished. I also have 12 squares about 1/2 finished for my own crazy quilt. All the hand work just takes time. But I love hand embroidery and beading on fabrics. On Mom's I have lots of vintage jewelry that was my great-great-grandmas down thru Mom's stuff. For instance, I have some of the pins Mom wore on her bobby socks, back in the day..poodle skirts with crinolines, bobby socks, saddle shoes. I have used some of those pins as embellishments. The quilt is a surprise for Mom. I had to tell her if some of her jewelry was missing she wasn't robbed..except by her daughter! Lol.. My friend that teaches the crazy quilt classes gave the idea to use antique jewelry. She said it's better than it laying away, never seen. This way it can be seen and appreciated! Plus you don't mess it up, the pins can just be unpinned if need be.
So, wish me luck on sticking with finishing things!!! I was never such a procrastinator as I seem to be now. Sigh...
Kif
Old 11-26-2013, 05:20 AM

ah to have such a wide variety of fun to play with. pins on socks? never heard of that amazing as that is.. lol I think your going to have a fun crazy quilt hope it gets hung up on a wall so all can enjoy.

I am thinking thanksgiving should come on .. Friday! this way I can be good to go and ready for it to happen. sigh. made killer raviolis last night will use some of those as a side dish on thanksgiving butternut squash rav's with brown butter with sage.. oh my those were grand.