Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!! >

November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

Old 11-24-2013, 10:24 AM

A new man??? Oh, tell us more!!
My daughter has to work on T-day. I will be at her house cooking all day to have it ready when she gets home. Her hubby enjoys cooking so he will help. Grandpa will take care of Allie! There will be only the 5 of us.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:05 PM

We will be going to my sister's again this year, but haven't decided not to bring dad. He gets very anxious if he is away from home for very long so we would have to eat and run. I will go over in the evening to visit him, and my sister is planning to go over on Friday. The other two sisters will probably ignore him, as usual. So it will just be my sister and her two kids, then the 3 of us. That means 3 who are gluten free and 3 who are not. DS will make the turkey, potatoes, and veggies. I will be bringing the sweet potatoes and dessert. My DH & DS will be contibuting repair services for my nephews video game console. A very low key family day. No drama and lots of yummy food.

Jan the main reason for checking with my doctor is the warning that the curamin can interfere with blood pressure meds. Actually it might make more sense to check with the pharmicist. (Plus I don't have to pay to talk to him!)

I would like to try sushi, we just hardly ever go to Oriental type restaurants since DH is not a fan. My son has had it many times with his Japanese class, and of course when he went to Japan.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
We will be eating around 2ish so I will most likely cook my turkey overnight or get up at 4 am to start it.
I've done both! Neither are easy options, are they? But so blessed that I'll be with family. I've actually been making better choices and able to resist the candy and chocolate I'm exposed to the closer we get to Thanksgiving. I'll be making 2 pies and sweet potato casserole. LOVE, LOVE cranberry sauce and remember being shocked at how many calories it has! I can have a little on Thanksgiving and satisfy my craving for it.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:25 PM

Finally took pics of the quilt I made for my sister. She visited yesterday so I hurried and snapped a few before she took it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	448557   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	448558  
Old 11-25-2013, 06:05 AM

Beautiful quilt Pam! I am sure your sister was thrilled.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Pam that is a very pretty quilt, and I am sure a very happy sister.

I have nibbled a bit too much with on the run type things. Too many stresses this month.

Cindy, I just read about the 'new man.' Do Tell!
Old 11-25-2013, 03:20 PM

Okay, it's not a Taboo Tuesday, but a BEWARE THURSDAY this week. Think about what you're eating on turkey day before it hits your plate. Most of us will have some (note I said some) control over what goes on our plate. Think before it hits the plate and perhaps we'll all come out of the holiday feeling good about ourselves- and what we didn't gain. Remember, too, the holiday is at the end of the month - and that means weigh in just two days after that...THINK!!
Old 11-25-2013, 03:31 PM

Cindy a new man. We all need more info. I will finish my guild mystery quilt tonight. I had time to finish last night but I really wanted the outer border a little Bigger. So I just had to go to the LQS. I will finish it tonight. My goal was to finish it before Thanksgiving. I have several pin cushions to make for guild presents. I need to start on those. I need them by Dec 10th. I will be out of town so I won't do any sewing this weekend.
Tomorrow at work is our monthly bring food day. Tomorrow the theme is snack all day. Sounds yummy but not very healthy. There will be breakfast food, plus tons of dips etc and dessert. Not a good day to be trying to behave yourself. I will try. Hopefully I will do a lot of hiking this weekend to wear some of it off.
Pat
Old 11-25-2013, 06:28 PM

My husband and I will be eating our Thanksgiving meal with my parents, my aunt and uncle and my husband's niece. Our son and DIL have decided to go out of town to visit friends. I was a little upset but what can you do with a 33 yr. old? haha I just like spending time with my family. My mom and dad are 79 and 82. They are still in good health and I want to be with them. My DH's parents are deceased. We will be eating with his side of the family on the Sat. after Thanksgiving. We will have to drive about 2 hrs. out of town, but that's okay. I love his family.

I "bit the bullet" so to speak and started the quilting on my niece's quilt. It's going pretty good for now. I'll be glad when it's over so I can relax and "play" with my other projects. I've started a New York Beauty and love it! I'll get some pictures on here after I finish this quilt. Hope everyone has a blessed and safe holiday.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:48 PM

Yes a new man in my life, he is wonderful, kind, caring, loving, helpful and everything else I can think of. We have been dating now since September. He seems to be my Mr. Right and wants to spend time with me and my parents. The parents love him.

Thanksgiving day will be my first time meeting his daughter, she is in college, and doesn't want to be with her mom's BF's family. He is protective of his kids and I respect that. So this is a big step in our relationship.

I am working on finishing up on commitments I have from the board before I start any new projects. Also need to finish 2 more tshirt quilts.

I will be posting the new thread over the weekend. Remember December is Batiks.
Now to figure out what our themes will be for Jan, Feb and March. One will be batiks again as we all seem to love them. What would you like to see next year for our themes each month?