Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
DOLL QUILT SWAP #51  - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one >

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

Old 11-25-2013, 06:09 AM

kwiltkrazy - delivery conf shows you should have received your quilt last week...hope you did..let me know.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I made an apron yesterday with holly fabric. It was kinda fun to make something different than quilts.. still got to play with fabric which of course is the most exciting part
That's what I need to do. I am a mess when I am cooking and really should wear a drop cloth for the front of my shirts, but an apron is much more classy. I should make one for Thursday since I am hosting this year.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:43 AM
Banned

This is what I have done so far. Personally I don't like the end results
after stitching the applique.

I used black thread hoping it would give it the extra "touch" I was going
for, but it didn't so I guess I will be either ripping out stitches or starting
over again.

What do all of you think? Do you agree with me?

BEFORE stitching

[ATTACH=CONFIG]448601[/ATTACH]

AFTER stitching

[ATTACH=CONFIG]448602[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]448603[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by paperpieceme View Post
sure you can post a picture. i bet everyone would love to see some more Christmas inspiration ) I know i am in the in mood to make some more somethings that are Christmasy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2732 (Medium).JPG
Views:	174
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	448601   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2739 (Medium).JPG
Views:	187
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	448602   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2740 (Medium).JPG
Views:	198
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	448603  
Old 11-25-2013, 07:12 AM

I like the black thread. It does make it pop. I have been working on several different projects, can't wait to see my second DQ put together. Lovely sneaks!! Keep them coming.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:36 PM

I drop things on my chest all the time, so aprons save my shirts from grease and other things.. and well when cleaning the house I find little treasures right and left. being able to stuff them in the front kangaroo pocket I have is marvelous so by the time I make it to the far side of the house I can empty the pocket of all my goodies. Aprons are marvelously good in my book. However many a times I have walked out of the house to run an errand and like an idiot forgot to take it off. dumb bunny at times I swear!

I mailed both of my wall hangings to both partners pychoquiltermomma and tessipug so I hope they arrive in short order and are well received. it was fun putting them together
Old 11-26-2013, 05:12 AM

elizabrat, no problem, not to worry! you spend that quality time with your son, ok? I will get it when I get it and will let you know....
Old 11-26-2013, 05:31 AM

JuanitaBean's quilt is on its way to her. Now I'm starting to work on some commissioned Christmas pieces. I have 2 Christmas table toppers and 4 mug rugs to get done by Dec 1. I'm staying home this weekend, but having Thanksgiving dinner with my daughter, so I'm hoping to get some major sewing time. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:19 PM

Linny, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I have been trying to pass a kidney stone since last Wednesday, and have finally passed it, thank goodness. The quilt arrived here last Saturday, but couldn't sit still to let you know.

It is absolutely beautiful!!! Can't find my camera to take a picture of it, if you have a pic of it please post it, meanwhile I will keep looking for it. The green christmas you sent me is the prettiest green christmas fabric I have ever seen, Thank you so very much. I will have a ball using it. I enjoyed swapping with you. Take care of yourself, and those close to you, I wish you and everyone else on here the merriest of holiday seasons, and a wonderful 2014. Gosh, 2014!!
Old 11-27-2013, 07:47 AM

I hope that each and everyone of you have a Safe, Blessed and Family Filled Thanksgiving Holiday! May you do all the things you WANT to do.... I plan on sewing my four days off from work... no Black Friday or weekend shopping for me! (Well depends if fabrics stores have any really good specials! hehe)
Old 11-27-2013, 07:49 AM

Thank goodness, indeed! Have never experienced a kidney stone, but a friend did and it was painful to say the least. Now that it's behind you hope you have happy, peaceful holidays and good health in the new year. I will post a pic...hopefully by this evening....so happy you like your quilt.