Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 11-26-2013, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
First...just want to say how CUTE your Phoebe is in her outfits. Your friend is a talented lady. Then...thought i'd pass along this photo - my daughter just finished decorating her mantle - it just said "Merry Christmas" to me....[ATTACH=CONFIG]448781[/ATTACH]
Phoebe thanks you! LOL

The mantle is beautiful! I love the elegant simplicity of the decorations!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:56 AM

Nessie, Thanks for sharing Phoebe's photos, I am sure her modeling agent doesn't know that they are out there for free. The shirts are super cute.

I have a really bad sweet tooth too, those cookies are calling. I think I will have to make my way to the hole with some goodies to share so I don't eat them all.

Sorry for some not having their packages yet but that just means less time that you can be tempted. But do let Terri know for sure.

Hint for today: You have some of the coldest winters in your state. Bundle up the storms are coming from the west coast.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:20 AM

I swear they were circling like buzzards over my carcass for over an hour. Kind of made me nervous, who were they after and were they chasing them to my house? It is ok! I have a security system made by GLOCK,LOL!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:24 AM

My SSperson has not posted that she has received her package yet!Wahhhhhhhh! So to cheer myself up, I went shopping and bought the softest, snuggliest, cutest pair of pajamas ever to wear on opening day! I figure that on opening day that I will have dark hot chocolate laced with Peppermint Schnapps and wear my comfy PJ while I wait for everyone to join in. I am always an early bird. LOL!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:28 AM

Phoebe looks like she is ready for santa
Old 11-26-2013, 01:09 PM

There is a priority mail box on my dresser from my SS that keeps making these naughty suggestions about opening it early.....I Can Resist. (sorry Captain Kirk moment, lol.) it just keeps taunting me, so I get on the board to find moral support, and what do I find? Actual photos of the yummiest looking cookies. Now I want a cookie. I will be in the hole in my backyard trying to be good. Those of you not currently in the hole in someone's backyard are welcome to join me, but if the dog falls in on you, you're on your own. Cocktails will be served about six. Lol!
Old 11-26-2013, 01:49 PM

As promised, here is my recipe for Pecan Tassies. It's from my 1966 copy of Better Homes and Gardens "Cookies and Candies".

Pecan Tassies

1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour

1 egg
¾ cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
Dash salt
2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans

For pastry, blend together cream cheese and butter. Stir in flour. Chill at least one hour. Cut into 24 equal pieces and roll each into a ball. Place in ungreased mini muffin pans. Press dough evenly against bottom and up sides.

For filling, beat together egg, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt. Sprinkle a few pecans into each pastry shell (you should used approx. half the pecans). Spoon filling mixture into each cup. Sprinkle each cup with the remaining pecans.

Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool before removing from pans.

Tips: I always double the recipe, and it does fine. When pushing the pastry into the tins, be sure there are no gaps or too-thin spots as the filling can leak out when baking. I use light-colored mini muffin pans, so I place the oven rack in the lower third of the oven. I cool the pastries slightly and remove from pan while still warm. If the bottom is browned, the tassie goes onto a cooling rack. If not, it goes onto a dark colored cookie sheet with any other too-light ones. I lay a piece of foil over all and return the sheet to the oven for approx. 5 minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned. Immediately remove from the baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Enjoy!
Old 11-26-2013, 01:57 PM

Thank you for the recipe!!!!! I will have to try to make them, they just look too yummy!
Old 11-26-2013, 01:57 PM

Neesie, Phoebe is absolutely adorable in her winter finery! The one with the colorful paw prints is my favorite. Sure looks like one pampered pup to me!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:34 PM

It came! It came! And it is packed in a beautiful photo storage box, so I get to look at one of my presents while I wait. Thank you Secrert Santa!