Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The lives and loves of 18" dolls >

The lives and loves of 18" dolls

The lives and loves of 18" dolls

Old 11-22-2013, 05:01 PM

Does anyone know if the clothes pattern you are using would fit the doll ,Toddler Anna from the "Frozen" movie?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:55 PM

Check the height of the toddler Anna .if it is shorter than 18", for instance only 14 or15, then it might have the wrong proportions. Try the bitty baby clothes. The princess dolls that depict a ten yr old child tend to be 18" and they can generally wear the ag outfits. Fancy Nancy has a round tummy , made of plastic so if you make the clothes add just a little extra at the waist. Ag type dolls have soft cloth tummies so they can be compressed to fit. Enjoy! All the dolls are fun! Nancy's Notions has a couple of books with patterns for the ag dolls. They can be found on line, and at b&n books, too.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
Check the height of the toddler Anna .if it is shorter than 18", for instance only 14 or15, then it might have the wrong proportions. Try the bitty baby clothes. The princess dolls that depict a ten yr old child tend to be 18" and they can generally wear the ag outfits. Fancy Nancy has a round tummy , made of plastic so if you make the clothes add just a little extra at the waist. Ag type dolls have soft cloth tummies so they can be compressed to fit. Enjoy! All the dolls are fun! Nancy's Notions has a couple of books with patterns for the ag dolls. They can be found on line, and at b&n books, too.
Also, if you google Nancy zieman and go to her tv shows she has a few segments on making these clothes with woman who has a book called 18in doll clothes in 30 min, I think that's the name or something like it. but the videos are great.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:43 PM

I found a pretty faced one with open and close eyes in the $20 range. Her hair is blonder than I had in mind, but that may be okay.Then I need a dark haired one and 2 red heads to go with the blonde so each of my daughters will be represented - then a dark haired boy, of course. I don't think so - one will be enough. Are the dolls generally jointed? These are standing with one arm in the air.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Are the dolls generally jointed? These are standing with one arm in the air.
No, The arms at the shoulders move and also the legs at the hips, so it is straight-legged sitting.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:57 PM

Anyone intrested in going in and buying a set of AG Itty Bitty Twin dolls? Jayla wants a doll that size with hair she can brush and style, I don't need two. I have to have a blonde with blue eyes girl, they are $115 for the two dolls and I will pay to ship the other one to you once I have your $57.50.

Jamie
Old 11-28-2013, 04:54 AM

I just saw one blonde twin Itty Bitty Twin for sale on eBay for $20.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:57 AM

I have looked at ebay, by the time I send them to the american girl hospital to get them all pretty its more expensive then buying a new one. I may buy a set and put the other one on ebay for my cost, I just thought of that.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:32 PM

Irish--the only boy i know of that has brown hair is henry from pottery barn for kids. He's pricey at $89. Boy dolls are hard to find. BUT, if you get one of the older dolls that have glued on hair you can take off the hair and glue on a new wig. There are how to videos on YouTube . The jack doll from target is an old doll, sometimes shows up on eBay . He has blond hair, but his price makes it worth it. Anything under or around $30 is reasonable for him. You can get the wigs at michael's, or Joann's. Also, Joann's has a body and head you can put together, buy a dark wig, and yo hoo! A boy doll. Sorry to ramble, but my mind is spinning as i type this. Sounds like sooo much fun!
Old 11-28-2013, 09:20 PM

nancia, I'm sitting here laughing. My son is a wonderful person but he runs to the plaid shirt/hunting fishing genre. He'd be horrified if I started replacing wigs and such on a doll representing him. He has his mother's smart mouth and I can just imagine the things he's think to say. I think I'll just stick with one for me so I need one with soft red hair - not the fire engine red of my brother's. I was a blonde child so that might do, too. I'm thinking where she will sit. Do I need to clean off my rocking chair? I went D's house for dinner today. 75 icy, snowy miles - I went in the ditch before I ever got out of town but the main roads were passable once some friends stopped and got me out. I'd probably would have been #50 on a road service call list and I had the desserts so I didn't want to wait.

Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving.