Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10 >

Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10

Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10

Old 11-28-2013, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Like the print Kelly, did you say if you want the soft blues or brights? I'd automatically do soft unless you said. Haven't decided on mine yet, think I will do like I did for the last one and go weird print. But the quilt turned out pretty awesome looking and I love it. Way out of my normal choices.
Honestly, I was seeing cornflower but I didn't specify in the note. I have faith that it will all work out in the end. There are a few other prints in the line that combine several shades of blue so if I can't make it cohesive any other way, I can get some of those fabrics to tie it all together. I'm not worried one bit.

As for normal choices, I know what you mean - this fabric is absolutely NOT what I'd go with on any given day. I hated it at first. But then inspiration hit me and I knew this was absolutely a boom must. There is no way that inspiration can lead me wrong. (unless it does... in which case it was the devil luring me into a trap and not inspiration at all)
Old 11-29-2013, 12:35 AM

Howdy ya'll. I have tossed my hat into the ring and I will join the fun once again. The mailing changes are required by QB, so I will just abide by them! They still won't guarantee that we will get all our blocks back though. But it seems that it may cut down the no-shows a bit. And i rather like the idea that if there is someone who does not make blocks, they won't get theirs back either.. Incentive to complete!
I best be getting my F8s cut over the next week.. now.. what fun fabric can I use this time? I have plenty in the Fabric Museum...
Old 11-29-2013, 04:49 AM

Got you signed up, Bluelady. Have just sent an email. Welcome!
Originally Posted by Bluelady View Post
Howdy ya'll. I have tossed my hat into the ring and I will join the fun once again. The mailing changes are required by QB, so I will just abide by them! They still won't guarantee that we will get all our blocks back though. But it seems that it may cut down the no-shows a bit. And i rather like the idea that if there is someone who does not make blocks, they won't get theirs back either.. Incentive to complete!
I best be getting my F8s cut over the next week.. now.. what fun fabric can I use this time? I have plenty in the Fabric Museum...
Old 11-30-2013, 07:41 AM

I enjoyed the other boom I was in. Centralised swaps are also generally a LOT cheaper. However gonna have to wait and see what the outcome of the international tracking issue is, and see if I can join from England. I've never looked into international tracking options before, so I have no idea how much it might be, or even whether Royal Mail would be cheaper or dearer than the private courier people (Fedex etc). Just hope I see the outcome when its posted.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:28 PM

Not crazy about the "new" rules, but it looks like Janice will getting the brunt of the work. So thank you for keeping this going!! I do think the "new" rules are a bit overdone, but hey, I did enjoy the last Boomerang and I really did like getting the little squishies all throughout the swap. I will miss those. But mostly I enjoyed making blocks for other people. That part is still there. And getting the F8s all at once may be a good thing. So, all in all, it still boils down to sharing blocks with others and getting many back in return. The true spirit of a boomerang is still here.
And as it WILL be cheaper!
Old 11-30-2013, 05:26 PM

Just to set the record straight, the only rule that came directly from the QB was the shipping/tracking rule which necessitated the clearing house set-up to save the most money for members. The others (most notably using only F8s and no joining until your previous obligations are complete) are MY rules based on my experience here, comments on the various boards re: missing blocks and finally pms and emails to me with ideas and suggestions. Had the mailing/tracking not changed, my rules would still have included the F8s and the being square in previous swaps anyway.
Originally Posted by Bluelady View Post
Not crazy about the "new" rules, but it looks like Janice will getting the brunt of the work. So thank you for keeping this going!! I do think the "new" rules are a bit overdone, but hey, I did enjoy the last Boomerang and I really did like getting the little squishies all throughout the swap. I will miss those. But mostly I enjoyed making blocks for other people. That part is still there. And getting the F8s all at once may be a good thing. So, all in all, it still boils down to sharing blocks with others and getting many back in return. The true spirit of a boomerang is still here.
And as it WILL be cheaper!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:11 AM

Boom 11 update: A letter sized Priority envelope will easily handle a small group's f8s and blocks. That's $5.60 in postage. That's great news and makes mailing as easy as it can be. Will be emailing everyone who has signed up so far by mid-week to let you know where we stand with groups. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:23 AM

Ok then. I have F8s washed, pressed, cut and in separate baggies just waiting for names. Once I attach names/notes, (pinning each to F8 piece of fabric is typical?) I need to include $6.00 - put all in priority envelope and send to you. I will send you the tracking number (from mailing priority envelope) when I return from the post office. Just making sure I have this correct. As a "rookie boomer", I have enjoyed looking at the albums posted from Boom 10. The photos of blocks are very inspiring and helpful. Getting boom fever!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:44 AM

BB, I'd suggest putting your request on a label and affixing it to the baggie. Also be sure to put your board name on each F8 as well for easy id and to help prevent fabric mix-ups, something that's easy to do when you've got 16 fabrics. If your request won't fit on a label, you can put it inside. It's whatever works for you but separate papers can easily be misplaced so I'll go with a note on each F8. As for mailing, I suggest simply buying the correct postage IN STAMPS for a return envelope, affixing it to a return Priority envelope you put inside the envelope you'll mail to me before you seal it. That way you won't have to deal with cash or stamps and I'll have a return envelope already stamped for the F8s I'll be sending to you. (My PO said stamps are preferable. A printed label with postage will have the wrong mailing date. It may cause a problem.) Of course, I'll have a supply of Priority envelopes ready for those who opt for cash or stamps. We'll use the same procedure in sending completed blocks. Hope this helps!

I'll be sending out an email mid-week this week to let everyone know how the groups stand and to clarify mailing of F8s.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:38 AM

Janice thanks for the clarification, very helpful. Looking forward to the mid-week e-mail.