Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 11-29-2013, 08:42 PM

Brat, you really did get Christmas early with all the goodies! I especially love the kitty Christmas runners. Gives me ideas for making some for myself one day as I have a small stack of cat fabric. :-) Good news. My sewing machine will be ready to pick up Monday. It was actually ready today but no way was I going out in the midst of all those crazy BF shopper's and tomorrow might be just as bad. I will wait a couple more days. DH said we could go early and have breakfast out so that will be enjoyable. I am anxious to get back to sewing something. Didn't think I would be missing it so much. Did get a lot of leader/ender pieces pinned together so won't have to stop and do that for a while again. Oh...They said that a piece of thread was stuck up somewhere in the top where I can't get to and that was messing up the tension. Plus he said it was full of lint. Then I said that was their fault because I had it in there for clean and service about 3 months ago. He didn't know what to say for a few seconds. Would love to have seen his face. So then I asked if he would show me how to clean it myself and he said yes, so that will be great. DH will watch too so between us both we should be able to save trips to get it cleaned once a year if we can do it ourselves.Yay!! Jan ...are you doing better today?
Old 11-30-2013, 05:33 AM

I have clinic this morning and then its HOME FREE for two days. I was so tempted to hit the quilt store yesterday NUTS I know but they had this special.. all clearance room fabric was 3.00 a yard. ITs normally 12.99 a yard regular and on sale 7 to 9 a yard. 3.00 is unheard of but the catch. . you had to go there. OH HECK no going to the store was not the answer for me on such a busy day and also.. how can I finish my UFO pile which is my goal btw to tackle if I start new projects. NO point in buying more til I work with what I have. Look how much I saved now? lol. so next time the shopping bug hits me remind me.. UFO UFO and it will kick me into staying home. phew saved by the pile once again.

I hope everyone has received their runners now? are all things finished here for the year? please let me know if you haven't as we should all be enjoying our new runners .. thanks for making this a marvelous swapping year ladies and I can not wait to start a new right after Christmas. Please post and chat along with me in the process feel free to share any projects your working on or should get to working on in this forum. Its a nice way to keep in touch! and its free!!! (right in my price range!).
Old 11-30-2013, 06:24 AM

Sandy, just a hint, ask him to take the head off and show you where the thread and lint was in your machine. Then ask where to oil or there maybe places on the cogs on the inside that need the heavier lubricant. It's a way to get to the inside. Most machines they only do the inside once a year. He may just think you mean under the bobbin, etc. for cleaning.
Had to take the head off of mine yesterday, got to the last bit of thread on the cone and there was a knot in it so it was stuck there. Without knowing what it was caught on I didn't want to just give it a tug and go for it, good thing too...it was stuck in the brushes. All fine now.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:00 PM

I took the needle plate off my old machine so I could change it to a straight stich plate - did I ever get a shock by all the lint that was built up under there - every time I change the bobbin I use the little brush and clean it out so I thought my machine was super spiffy - what a knucklehead I am. Oh well - my old machine will now become my portable going to class machine as I picked up my new one yesterday. I have much to learn and the only way will be with practice. First I have to clean up my sewing room - what a mess - I have more quilt magazines than carter has pills - it's long past time to clean it up; I'll save the patterns I want and put them in a 3-ring binder and toss the rest.
We laugh and joke that sometimes I feel like I'm one gene cell away from becoming a hoarder - I have trouble getting rid of magazines.

My daughter and I braved the crowds Thursday night - our celebration was finished for the day so when she called to invite me along I figured why not. We waited outside in line a few minutes for the doors to open - went in and picked up a king size down filled comforter and a new mattress pad - each $20 - both items originally over $100; stopped at one other store for a door buster finished shopping and was back home within a half hour.

Wishing you all a sew beautiful day.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:08 PM

It's amazing how much lint can get under there isn't it? Had a repair guy tell me this years ago when I was sewing lots of clothes for people and I have never forgot it. Sure makes your machine run better...
Sounds like you scored on the big black Friday, I didn't even go out of the house.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:17 PM

I went out today .. to clinic. was thinking stop at that quilt store.. 20 percent off one regular priced item.. this is a pricy store mind you.. .. did I stop? noooooooo. I just came home. Too tired to care and reminded myself you have stuff .. use it! stuff is what I call when I am too poor to buy a yardage total so I buy half a yard here, fq there, a yard! I bought a yard! but not enough to make a quilt out of. So goal for 2014 is to make something cohesive with it all. wish me luck lol. I refuse to do ugly scrappy. I freak at uncontrolled but enough there to make plenty with still. so I am going to have to push my boundries but it will happen.

Those magazines Dabbler, sell them here. People buy boxes of them, sell them 10 at a time or such for like something silly 2.50 plus shipping.. at 14.50 a package 10 magazines? a steal and you get rid of them and save the universe from extra trash I raid Jabas all the time. I borrow three then read them til thin then give them back and borrow more. It works perfectly for me or sneak one or four in every priorty envelope you send like a little here you take it and run! lol. you wont make anyone unhappy that is for sure. libraries also like them for their library sales.. thrift stores will sell them for a quarter or so.. see lots of homes waiting with tapping quilty toes.

I am making or should I say attempting to make collard greens. I was gifted with kale and collard greens yesterday from my neighbor. I do not mind kale at all its roasting slowly on a cookie sheet with garlic and parm til its like little green chips.. but the collards I am cooking with bacon/onion/garlic slowly on the stove top in broth. I hope its the right way to do it read it on all recipes. Not sure, never once even tried them. Figure I will like them, or not. I tend to like most veggies so this is branching out a bit for me wish me luck. Surely Jan you think I can serve a plate to Steve right? HAHA my hubby will run from the bacon smell alone then he will see green and plead not hungry. its ok if they are good I can eat them just fine. Making some chicken fajita roll ups for dinner, he doesn't get here til 9:30 so its a late dinner for sure. maybe I will just eat kale and well some Nyquil and heck with it all!

I will finish one round robin tomorrow I am so jazzed. Praying it comes out right.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:11 AM

For those who think I've fallen off the face of the earth, I promise, I haven't. I've had some work stuff going on, the boss was out more than she was in the last 2 weeks, and I have had some old injuries flare up, and I'm guessing maybe it's something to do with the Humira. If the Humira is getting rid of the inflammation, and my body has been comfortable with it in those areas this long, I guess it's plausible that is why I'm hurting from them again. The two worst are a neck injury from 1997, and the frozen shoulder I never completely got over from 2006, both effecting the side with my dominant hand. I haven't started my Christmas sewing yet either.

I got Mom-6's runner, and it's truly adorable. My mother is going to love it! I promise to get photos up in the next couple days.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:49 AM

So glad you like it! I can go and post pics of it for you.
It is reversible.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	449710   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	449711  

Last edited by mom-6; 12-03-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:55 AM

Oops! That top picture is upside down. Don't know how to rotate it.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:14 AM

Beautiful runner! No problem with the first pic...the hearts look like they are flying toward us!