Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Machine Table >

Quilting Machine Table

Quilting Machine Table

Old 11-30-2013, 10:22 AM

This is a sewing table my son made for me using to off the shelf drawer units and a counter top I got free. I love it!
Old 11-30-2013, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by KathyKat View Post
This is a sewing table my son made for me using to off the shelf drawer units and a counter top I got free. I love it!
Did you mean to attach a picture? I would love to see it!
Old 11-30-2013, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by appliquequiltdesigns View Post
We are going to be moving soon and I will have a room for quilting in my new house. I have a folding table that I have been using for cutting & pinning. I need ideas for a table for my sewing machine. I would love to know what some of you use. I would especially like to see pictures. I don't want to buy an expensive ready made table. Thank you
Janie,
Almost any table, desk, whatever, as long as the top is large enough, can be modified for a sewing machine to fit in it.
I would avoid things like plastic folding tables where the top is hollow or hollow core doors for the top surface though.
What are your wants or needs for it? Do you want it to match any existing furniture, do you want it to double as a cutting or ironing surface, etc? Once you answer those questions for yourself the rest is relatively easy. I'm not close enough cut out the top of a table or desk for you but I can make the box to set the machine in if you want. All I would need are a few basic measurements and for you to pay shipping.
Rodney
Old 11-30-2013, 06:36 PM

II have a Sew-Ezi table as I have limited space. It is similar to the Arrow Gidget Table that was mentioned in a pevious post. The Sew-Ezi folds up and fits in a bag that is included. It has wheels so is easy to transport to retreats. An acrylic insert is included. Other accessories are available such as a tray. Google it to see pictures & prices. More expensive than the Arrow table, but IMHO, it is more stable.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:40 AM

I think IKEA and The Container Store miss the boat when it comes to showing a real life application for a sewing room. They could give the sewing furniture world a run for the money if they capitalized on the millions of us looking for sewing room furniture that is practical and functions. Not some cutesy wall mounted shelf that I don't trust to hold sewing machines that weigh 30-50 pounds.

i HATE the doors on some of the sewing desks that has those thread spool holders, etc. I want storage...not a door with plastic thing holders.

Sandy