Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 12-03-2013, 03:38 AM

Morning all! Terri, your just as bad as the rest of us! Down in the hole you go with the naughty group! You know we're not opening til Sunday at 4 pm your time!! Kitty's will just have to be corralled to keep them away from all those little pressies! Stuff them in a box & put them aside til Sunday! Then you can join us in all the fun of opening them with us.

We had our guild Christmas luncheon yesterday. Looked like Thanksgiving all over again! What a spread of food we all put together. I'm surprised my pants still fit after all the turkey I've eaten in the last week!! A couple of us went over to our LQS for their sale & I picked up some delicious batiks in purple I think I'll make into a New York Beauty wallhanging. Should be absolutely gorgeous! Ever since I did a Judy Niemyer pattern I've gotten into paper piecing & just love the way they come out.

Hint today: My SS person has been known to do paper piecing! I've seen some of it here on the board.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:21 AM

Very nice & usefull too
Old 12-03-2013, 04:38 AM

Hey hey hey... only 5 more days!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:28 AM

Knitette...that's a nice dream you were having there.
Cindy...I need a BIG box! There's lots of little packages!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:45 AM

5 more days..................can I wait.............it sure is getting harder waiting..........but once I open the package my boy Dylan won't have anyplace to sit.............I find my cat sitting on the box all the time.............wonder what's inside.........

Whoever received my package I hope they wanted a pincushion.............I found a couple of ceramic egg holders at a fleamarket........I knew just what I wanted to do with them....................pincushions........it was a lady..............with a hat...........the hat was made of felt that covered a soft boiled egg ........well I stuffed the hat and put stuffing in the indentation of the ladies head where the egg is placed.........I then glued the hat to the head..........and what do you know..........a pincushion.................it is so cute............now don't everyone rush to their packages to see where the package was sent...........the return address is not mine but a good friends.........so that address is not close to mine...........

Now that is just one of the many items I sent...........and not the only thing I made............

Am I being a big tease or what.................
Old 12-03-2013, 05:48 AM

I had to go and see who the lucky person is going to be to get that pin cushion. It sounds cute!
I'm sure the person getting it will love it!

Originally Posted by catpawski View Post
5 more days..................can I wait.............it sure is getting harder waiting..........but once I open the package my boy Dylan won't have anyplace to sit.............I find my cat sitting on the box all the time.............wonder what's inside.........

Whoever received my package I hope they wanted a pincushion.............I found a couple of ceramic egg holders at a fleamarket........I knew just what I wanted to do with them....................pincushions........it was a lady..............with a hat...........the hat was made of felt that covered a soft boiled egg ........well I stuffed the hat and put stuffing in the indentation of the ladies head where the egg is placed.........I then glued the hat to the head..........and what do you know..........a pincushion.................it is so cute............now don't everyone rush to their packages to see where the package was sent...........the return address is not mine but a good friends.........so that address is not close to mine...........

Now that is just one of the many items I sent...........and not the only thing I made............

Am I being a big tease or what.................
Old 12-03-2013, 06:45 AM

Good Morning Secret Santas, I am starting to get excited. But, I can tell you, My MOTHER is so excited to see what is in the box. lol, she is terrible about teasing me with it. I can't get her to play here on the board, but she loves to share what I do. (I don't mind.) We have lots of fun quilting together.

I just want to let my Secret Santa know, that I will be joining the party a little late. I have to work till 5 pm central time. But, I will be baking cookies this week and my mom and I will join the party just as soon as we can.

Oh Terri, if I were you, you might want to be careful. Because whatever is making ALL that noise in the packages to get out, you might actually want in the package still. Or at least for a little bit longer. lol Hmm, I wonder what has flown Terri's way?!
Old 12-03-2013, 06:46 AM

I could use( make that really want) that little lady pincushion. Here's hoping its in my box...

However I will be scouring thrift shops to find something similar so I can made my own. Love this idea!

Moved my SS box to clean for Thanksgiving and Now can't remember where I put it. Out of sight out of mind so I thought but sometime I think I can still hear that little jingle it makes. On the search for it tonight as soon as I get home from work.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:25 AM

My package came with a customs declaration.............
You know, the list includes the usual - fabric - book.... but ever since I picked it up yesterday I have been pacing around the package because it came from WI and the declaration mentions something about CHEESE.
Do I put the package outside? But it's well below freezing........
I can't put it inth fridge, I have no room.........
Then I wanted to pull a Neesie and sniff the package...
Oh well I just won't put it near the fireplace and patiently wait for opening day )
Old 12-03-2013, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
My package is still sitting on the floor, next to my desk. I've just about given up on Phoebe 'helping' me with it. Looks like I'm gonna be forced to wait, after all.
Hmmm...unusual for a hound to not sense if there's anything in a sealed box intended for them. Perhaps you could accidently drop something on the box that she REALLY likes and she would be willing to help you out.