Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 12-03-2013, 03:14 PM

Love the Red color! Looks great!
Old 12-03-2013, 04:33 PM

Thanks! And the fun part was I pretty much made it up as I went along and only used fabric I already had on hand. Actually just modified a couple designs I had tried in the past and made them fit together as a runner using my stash.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:48 PM

Mom 6 that is so wonderful for fabric on hand that is amazing how spot on you had it. Valentines in a nut shell!

Dustysmomma so sorry your finding life so challenging these days. I think as soon as we cross one mountain (as I call it) or a hill, we have another sitting right on the other side of us. Its up to us how we walk across it. Its tough sure as heck and I am sorry you have do do this. I pray however that you find your shoes and make that trek as easy as you can. Its never easy .. some trick right? nah its just a challenge like some crazy quilt pattern.. one piece at a time I know you can do this. I have faith Christmas will shine on you in a stream of hope and love. xox girl.. one day at a time. every single day If I do it, I know you can too.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:06 AM

Great runner, love the hearts!
Hope u feel better soon!
K
Old 12-04-2013, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
So glad you like it! I can go and post pics of it for you.
It is reversible.
I absolutely LOVE this runner, and I know mother will too. The binding fabric matches part of the runner I just sent to Jaba! My mother's favorite color is red, which is why I asked for it. I've been trying to get mother to join us over here, and I'm hoping that sending her the product of one of our swaps will entice her to come join us as she prepares for retirement. She will be 68 in April, and says she doesn't know what she'll do with herself when she retires, since she's single and all the grandchildren are grown & mostly live away from her. She's not much for traveling, so I'm hoping that she'll get back into sewing & quilting & this will help encourage her.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Mom 6 that is so wonderful for fabric on hand that is amazing how spot on you had it. Valentines in a nut shell!

Dustysmomma so sorry your finding life so challenging these days. I think as soon as we cross one mountain (as I call it) or a hill, we have another sitting right on the other side of us. If I do it, I know you can too.
Didn't she do an awesome job!? I asked for anything red, but suggested we keep it small, and let her run with it. This will be the perfect size whether mother wants to put it on her nightstand or the table she eats at. Mother lives in an efficiency apartment, and has been there 14 years, so space maintenance is important.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm praying this is a means to an end. It's made my psoriasis flare up, as I was warned it might before making it subside. Thankfully the places that are the worst aren't on my hands, so I have no complaints. I can deal with it everywhere else so far, but when it comes up on my hands and gets to the point it inhibits my work and hobbies, that's where the emotional toll really hits. 4th dose on board this past Monday, so I'm nearing the 2 month mark where he said most people start to get relief from the psoriasis. It could take up to 4 more months for it to start making a big difference with the arthritis though. I can live with that. I'm already not watching the clock for my next Aleve, so that's a good thing. The rain we've had the last couple days has made it harder, but I don't believe it's quite as bad as it's been being at these times, so perhaps it's already helping with the arthritis as well.

Brat, you're my hero girl. I argee with you. If you can make it, I can too!
Old 12-04-2013, 06:52 AM

You tell your mom she needs to get in touch with me, she's just one year older than I am. I think I'm busier in "retirement" than I was "working"! Actually I just changed venues from 8-5 working to doing what I want to helping a friend with her business and getting to know lots of awesome people in the process and ending up working weekends for a couple other people a couple months out of the year as well, but only because I chose to. People tell me I'm a glutton for punishment. . But I'm loving it!
Old 12-04-2013, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
You tell your mom she needs to get in touch with me, she's just one year older than I am. I think I'm busier in "retirement" than I was "working"! Actually I just changed venues from 8-5 working to doing what I want to helping a friend with her business and getting to know lots of awesome people in the process and ending up working weekends for a couple other people a couple months out of the year as well, but only because I chose to. People tell me I'm a glutton for punishment. . But I'm loving it!
Send me your email address and I'll put you two in touch. She's not much for the telephone unless we call her, and it sometimes takes a few days to get an email back from her, but I'll put you guys together. I'm sure she'll be happy to be able to speak to the person who made her runner too!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:18 PM

she is a spring chicken at 68. she will have oodles of time and this is a grand venue. all levels of quilters and I think we are a marvelously fun group of ladies too (biased I know). she should just peek in for a while to get a feel for what we do, how things start follow a thread top to bottom so she can see challenge, progress and finished results. its addicting I think know I am not joining quiltingboard anonymous. lol. like it too much

ok gear up, start thinking fabrics.. valentines or St. Pats.. what will you chose to work with come right after Christmas.. that is such a good quiet week in all our lives, the hustle is over, we might have an extra day or so off work and well life is at a lul. hence why I mean to snag you all back into the game again .. yuppers it will be that time. also it can be quilters option perhaps as it always should be.. just have to work it out with your partners. Maybe table mats we never make those really.. a new challenge???
Old 12-04-2013, 08:48 PM

Brat, I'd love to do a table mat after Christmas!