Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 12-08-2013, 08:48 PM

I received a wonderful package from Dreamer. with batik FQ's, a chickadee coffee mug, tea bags, a holiday tea time mouse ornanment, a heart ornament, santa hand towels, Carol Doaks Reversible Vest book, bubble pen, Cardinal pot holder, christmas socks, cooper Christmas tree cookie cutter, 1/2 inch bias tape maker.

Thank you very much for your thoughtful gift.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Power Poster

Oh my! I have been blessed by Quilty-Louise!! Wow! Awesome package!! I got 4 pink & green FQ's, a quilter's mug, a pkg. of elastic (for my dolls), a cute tube thing for disposing of used needles, 2 pks. doll needles, 2 pink flower buttons, color catchers, a manicure set. A cute fat pen, a great quilter's journal, kleenex pkt., note cards, sticky notes, a box of pins, a lime colored pin magnet, a retractable tool leash, 3 patterns, 5 misc. pretty fabrics, 8" titanium scissors , tiny titanium scissors, a cutting board/knife set, and a bunch of hot fix crystals!! Thank you so very much Louise!! You're a sweetie!!
Old 12-08-2013, 09:04 PM

Cool

Grandma Di----says invalid vbulletin. notify administrator. please post again so we can enjoy your box too.

Last edited by amyjo; 12-08-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:09 PM
som

thank you so much for my ss pkg, ,but the person who sent it to me didn't put her name in, so I don't know who sent it ,but I loved every thing you sent ,here is a list ,a beautiful apron it matches my kitchen , a great pin cushion ,,with a little pair of scissors fat quarters,carmels peppermint patties, note paper .a hot pad, straight pins,i cant think of everything, but ill send pictures when I can get out and get batteries for my camera, I am snowed in now,,AND thank you again I loved everything MERRYCHRISTMAS SOM
Old 12-08-2013, 09:12 PM

Ok everyone!
I'm back from my scarey adventure! Drove Courtney as far as Quantico, VA. Road cleared and so did the weather, so she was good to drive by herself. My friend Machel drove with us in her car and brought me home.
When I got home, Bill asked me when I was to open the packages and I told him it was today. He was excited and ran to all of them and started opening them. When I asked him what he was doing, he said he was helping me. lol

I want to thank all of you for the wonderful snowball fight you sent me. You sent me so many snow balls, it all accumulated to about 5 inches outside! How great is that?
I'll be posting pictures tomorrow.

HUGS AND THANKS TO ALL!
Old 12-08-2013, 09:18 PM

Teri so glad you got your daughter safe and sound to where she could make it the rest of the way. our youngest dd left this morning and she made it home to WY after a 9 hour drive. she said she was sure glad she didn't have to drive so much in SD with the crappy roads they had. She said the ditches are full of snow. The roads into WY weren't the best either but she made it. Glad everyone has had fun opening their pkgs. I am sure glad we all got pkgs this yr. Looks like we all had a haul. I am for sure going to do this again next yr. I think I will start collecting now so that I can send a really BIG box next yr. Amy
Old 12-08-2013, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
Ok everyone!
I'm back from my scarey adventure! Drove Courtney as far as Quantico, VA. Road cleared and so did the weather, so she was good to drive by herself. My friend Machel drove with us in her car and brought me home.
When I got home, Bill asked me when I was to open the packages and I told him it was today. He was excited and ran to all of them and started opening them. When I asked him what he was doing, he said he was helping me. lol

I want to thank all of you for the wonderful snowball fight you sent me. You sent me so many snow balls, it all accumulated to about 5 inches outside! How great is that?
I'll be posting pictures tomorrow.

HUGS AND THANKS TO ALL!
Can you build a fort out of your snowballs ?
Old 12-08-2013, 09:26 PM

Now is the time to start collecting. Tons of things after Christmas will be going on sale, so you can pick them up cheap. that's how most of the people get what they need for next years SS.
There's usually someone that wonders HOW someone can send out a package with so much stuff and only spend $20. Well? That's how it's done. You shop and shop all year long. When you find a deal on something, you buy it, whether it's 1 or 101. There's usually a swap that you will join and you can always tuck something nice in to what you are sending. I collect all year long. I can usually find seam rippers for 10 cents, cute buttons for a quarter or so, thread is always going on sale at different times of the year. Fat quarters go on sale also. You can always tuck extra fat quarters into a package too. There's all sorts of things to find and gather.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:27 PM

Nope. The snow outside is just the powdery kind. The "snowballs" inside...well, Lucas tried digging in them. I think some people have kitties too and he could smell them.

Originally Posted by Leota View Post
Can you build a fort out of your snowballs ?
Old 12-08-2013, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
Nope. The snow outside is just the powdery kind. The "snowballs" inside...well, Lucas tried digging in them. I think some people have kitties too and he could smell them.
I think you should build Lucus an igloo out of your inside snowballs