Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery software >

Embroidery software

Embroidery software

Old 12-11-2013, 03:58 PM

Almost any software now works with any machine. I use Babylock's Designers Gallery/Masterworks with the Pfaff 2170. I got the card reader. Still works. Sometimes Pfaff software will come up for sale. Do not buy it unless the Dongle is with it. I've used the same program for other machines.

Embird is well respected. There is a site on Yahoo, Compusew with Jan, has instructions on using Embird.

If you are not planning on digitizing, there is usually a cheaper version of the software. Brother has a line that used to be called PED. They had another version called PED lite, that just customize and lettered. Babylock has the same system (NOT Designers Gallery) Still expensive, but not quite as bad.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:12 PM

I just ordered Embrilliance for my new Janome 9900 combo. I watched the videos and was quite impressed. I have no desire to "digitize"...what would be the point with the thousands of great designs already available. I like to combine designs, add lettering, etc. But "digitize"? Nah!

I bought the embrilliance Essentials and the Alpha Tricks program. $248.00. I can't wait to play with it.

Sandy
Old 12-11-2013, 04:57 PM

We have Florini Software and it is fantastic. It is so easy to digitize and make letters. Have tried others, but this is the best....and the upgrades are free.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:04 PM

I just ordered Embrilliance Essentials from Nancy's Notions. You can add other software later, such as Alpha
Tricks, Thumbnailer, etc., and it is all supposed to work together. I can hardly wait to try it out. The video demos really are impressive! I, too, have no desire to do my own digitizing, but being able to combine designs, add lettering and remove understitching from overlapping designs really sounds great.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:17 PM

Congrats on your new Pfaff, I have a Viking, just bought the entire embroidery package and the quilt software for my machine too, btw they are basically the same software, no you don't need to full embroidery package to use the quilt software, it does a lot by itself... I personally play around with a little digitizing, and love the editing functions of the software.... You will really enjoy what you got!

Originally Posted by romille View Post
I got a Pfaff embroidery machine last night (yay!!!!!!). I ordered some quilting software to go with it, but declined to purchase the insanely expensive embroidery software. It is $2300!

so what does embroidery software do that makes it so expensive? Those are prices I would expect to see on professional level graphic programs!
Old 12-11-2013, 07:57 PM

2300 is for digitizing, editing software is a good deal cheaper. I got my embroidery works everyday and advanced for 400 a piece and it does absolutely everything but digitize.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:25 PM

I have the Husqvarna Rose and have yet to use her. I need to find a place sturdy enough to let it set in one place. Can't have DGK around to play with it.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:20 AM

I have a diamond and also the 4d software. It was not $2300 and I can do a lot with it. It also work with Pfaff.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:03 AM

OK girls, I just went to the embird site, and wondered if this program works with the bernina machine, I could not find it anywhere. Anyone know? I have a new 750 with embroidery unit.

I have to think it will NOT work. I have no dongle. I am a little tech challenged I think. Would love to buy this to make quilt labels if it would work, instead of the expensive software program that bernina sells.

Last edited by fatquarters; 12-12-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:14 AM

Bernina uses ART. It will take EXP, but that's color stops only and rather jangling to the nerves.
Here's an explanation of the file formats. If you can save in the Melco EXP, it will work. I've seen that format in action. Bernina owns OESD, so this link is official.
http://www.embroideryonline.com/showetip.aspx?eid=23

Last edited by Weezy Rider; 12-13-2013 at 06:16 AM.