Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 12-08-2013, 02:32 PM

Glad he was so sweet, maybe that man is learning!! Just kiddin' really fun to go to those games. Glad you had a good time.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:41 AM

DO NOT FORGET! ALL BLACK LICORICE COMES TO MEsheesh, i sit out for a little while and you all grab my goodies! Dusty, you are totally in deep doo doo now! D'sm momma, i think it's safe for me to send your treats. Please p.m. Me your adderess! Thanks ever so!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:15 PM

OOH TREATS!!!! Oh whatever will I do!?

Nancia, I'll get the man to bring some back for you when he goes back again. I believe he's going in late January or February. Dusty got into the batch he brought back last, so some of it was last to the black hole, lol. I'll have to let Brat let us know if it was any good or not compared to what we get in the US, as I maintain that when you're inhaling food you can't taste it, so Dusty's opinion doesn't matter. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will have snagged us some snowman balls too! They're mine & Dusty's favorite Danish candy & you can only get them at Christmas. It's a marzipan center, covered in chocolate, then covered in a rough candy coating similar to Boston Baked Beans candy, but white and dusty. In Denmark, you can get marzipan in a tube, like you buy refrigerated cookie dough in here, for use in baking...or if you're the man's family, chopping off a hunk to eat by itself.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:09 PM

I really like the red licorice, but have to say the black is really good. Brat has a cold so not even sure she has tried it yet, but my Dad has always liked black and he said it was delicious!! He's going to be 98 yrs. young on Jan.2 and that has always been his favorite. Guess that must be a very good recommendation. Thank you so much again for sending it to us.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:00 AM

Good morning all - you all probably thought the cold air had swallowed me up. I've been super busy with other commitments and yesterday I finally finished with my lefse for the hysterical society bake sale that happens this weekend.

I received the nicest place mats from fmhall Wednesday this week - I'll try and post pictures later tonight.

Wow 98 years - jaba you're a lucky - I can't imagine the stories you've heard over the years as I'm sure there have been many; what a huge gift for your family. I love black licorice and my favorite of late has been the salty black you can buy from IKEA, they're in the shape of fish.

I've never been to a professional football game - after going to baseball games I'm happy to stay home or at the local watering hole and watch on television - I love the commentary and stats that they give while watching.

You all have a pleasant day.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:28 PM

I am lucky Dabbler to have him here so long, lost my Mother 18 years ago from a brain tumor and it has taken me forever to get over that. Don't know if I ever really will be, literally think of her every day for some little thing that happens. Certainly hope he will be here as long as possible!! But he sure has enjoyed that licorice, talked to him today and he commented on it, I owe one to dusty'smomma. Looking forward to being in another swap with you on the side. Love the rr's, we'll have fun!!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:24 PM

ok Jaba stole the black licorice. turns out dustys mom sent three bags and I got one.. wait a minute something is not right there I was the one who made such a big fuss over it .. sheesh (lmao) ok its delicious. I received some jelly belly black licorice this month so I have been nibbling on those. totally different experience, the jelly bellies are wonderful and so is this licorice. Its a different experience and the 'peppery taste lasts a bit longer and yes your tongue goes black.. but worth it. like who cares what color MY tongue is? answer no one. so nibble nibble mousekin.. its awfully good. sorry nancia it will magically disappear in this house. Jabas dad still drives himself to appointments he is amazingly strong.

I love marzipan too, we used to eat 'Mozart Krugan' those are marzipan with chocolate coating.. awfully good. My mom gave us only German candies growing up. no American stuff it was all about going to the german deli or the german candy store and buying the imports. love the brandy filled choclates.. aschbach (spell check please) oh boy talk about a strong boozy candy. yum lol.. and those little chocolates at say easter that are wrapped in gorgeous foil wrappers oh so adorable.. Swedish fish are really good but the authenic ones not those cheap stuff at the markets here.. and well I use marzipan in a tube all the time to make Danish.. grand stuff. I miss import stores here none of those people wouldn't have a clue how to use that stuff I think. ah to have a cost plus again
Old 12-13-2013, 07:26 PM

ok who mentioned ikea. now I want those frozen meatballs there.. not bad on a no time or desire to cook day. DARNED IT. thanks for those wishful food memories lol. It always gets me wanting some of this some of that.. and Nancia we miss you! where are you hiding these days?
Old 12-13-2013, 07:39 PM

It's called a Billings, MT trip brat, all those stores are there. Yup dusty'smomma knew I was keeping a bag for my Dad, already asked her so no big secret there. I kept 1 here to try it but it's waiting for you on Sunday, 6 pieces missing, it's very good, I had 4 and Bill had 2, honest....but when I eat it I have to stay very close to my house. I might as well be taking Exlax or something but think the licorice works better!!! Trust me, I'm done with it and it is all yours Just didn't want you to "pig" out on it all at once, saved you some so you can enjoy it longer. Sorry if you're upset, didn't think you'd mind sharing.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:50 PM

licorice is supposed to work that way I think but never did for me. I just LOVE It. and you know bill can eat it I am good at sharing.. put it up in the cupboard next time well your not working internally as well as you like and then hit the licorice. tastes better than exlax lol..

I am wondering .. I wrote Patricej to ask her if I could start my rr on the block of the month.. then no reply two weeks later I wrote again. no reply. so can I post you think? she replied to Teresa to take over my swap her request came in after mine.. so she had to see the mail. help any thoughts?