Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 12-18-2013, 06:30 PM

Hope you will recover quickly, that's my Christmas wish for you TwinRiverFarm! No quilt for quilter's for me, in to many boom swaps and round robins plus my own. Hope I didn't over extend myself, don't dare do anything more. Teresa my quilt make it yet? Pray to the Gods ladies, it better show up soon!!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:41 PM

"Didn't I send you a blue butterfly fabric or the silver blue fabric to use with it???" Brat, you sent the silver-blue. When I get the fabric I ordered, I will post it so you all can ohh and ahh. Then I hope (fingers crosses) that you will do the same when I get my round done for it. Me...I will just breathe a sigh of relief. TRF, take it easy so your eyes heal up. Teresa, did you get the little pkg. from me? Just wondering what the mail is like to Calif???
Old 12-18-2013, 09:14 PM

So many questions.....so little time! I'm sorry if it seems I'm not being attentive. This is a hugely busy time for our business, end of year insurance and benefits being used up. I really am here, just not too much time to post.
Brat and Jan I have not received Jan's quilt as of the mail today. I wouldn't panic yet however, the box I sent to brat for ss took much longer than it was supposed to too. Hopefully tomorrow. Do you have a tracking number to look up?
At this point I only have Miriam's rwb. Hopefully after Christmas I will get right on hers.
Sandy, yes I did receive your little surprise box! And it was a surprise. My husband was almost as excited as I was to open it! I can't wait to try the granola, maybe in the morning I declared I would share the fudge and had to steal back the last piece or else I wouldn't have any for later. How did you know I'm a tea drinker? Thanks so much for thinking of me, it really made me feel special.
Brat, I will try to call you tomorrow. I just showered after my 15 hour day and I'm thinking it's too late to call you now.
Take care all and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:42 PM

This sounds like a lot of fun...especially if we all upload photos along the way. I'm going to Share a photo of a round robin several of us did a few years ago, and it ended up on the bathroom wall at our office!
Old 12-19-2013, 03:19 PM

OK apologies to you all...was trying to add myself to the medallion quilt along...and ended up on this thread. Sorry.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:55 PM

Okay Sandy guess I can publicly thank you now since I won't ruin a surprise for anyone. Just want you to know again that it was much appreciated! and the tea is awesome...
Old 12-19-2013, 09:10 PM

Glad you all enjoyed your little goodies. I can see I should have sent larger boxes of fudge. I am researching 'borders' so I can do a nice one for you, Brat! Hopefully, by the time your fabric gets here, I will have decided on one. The top is so nice now that I want to hold up my end.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:21 PM

Sandy you were so very sweet to share with all of us. we can grow fat together! ok not me, the dh ate all the fudge. piglet! he enjoyed it too. I am good for a cup of hot tea however any time and I ate the granola plain like it was as a snack! sorry I blew the surprise for ya all how was I do know lol?

ok Teresa bad news. the package left Ralston on the 9th. made it to Casper on the 10th. left casper.. la la la no tracking. I sent the info to Jan maybe her nice postal lady can help us she is pretty good at finding things. I have it on tracking send me email not sure what else to do.. it is out there.. somewhere. good old priority mail tracking yikes. I can only hope it will move once again .. soon. will update on this when I know. all that work it can NOT be lost is all I have to say.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:36 PM

"The pattern picking takes ten times as long as fabric picking does. Show some ideas of designs you would like to make." Brat..this is what you posted on another thread on the board here. I liked it so much, I decided to share it with the ladies here. Yesterday, I received the fabrics I chose for my round on your top. Will take a picture of them and also post a couple ideas of what I am thinking about for tmy round. I know you said whatever I do will be ok...but just will toss ideas out for fun. Of course, what I end up making will depend of the time of day and my mood, too, I suppose. May not really jump in with actual cutting and sewing until after Christmas. Will post pics in next couple days. Mainly just trying to keep the chatter up and also sending good vibes that the top will get to Teresa soon.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:46 PM

Keep sending those vibes Sandy because they haven't found it yet, OMG I'd be absolutely sick if it gets lost. I have some things to send out but not even going to consider it until after the Christmas rush now! Would love to see some pics if anyone has some ready.