Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt >

Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt

Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt

Old 12-27-2013, 10:22 PM

Hi Cricket, I will indeed keep your recommendations for reference as I get back into sewing and determine options. Thank you for the wealth of information. You wrote at length sharing your wisdom and I am appreciative. Thanks! Sending smiles and happy thoughts, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 10:27 PM

Hi! I did notice that there is one with an improved handle and thank you for mentioning it. Glad for the hint about the ball bearings. Like the idea of the 12 inch block set. Tomorrow going to JoAnn's for browsing since the dies are on sale. Do not have the "Go" yet, but don't want to miss the bargain prices on the dies. I am "dying" to burst free and visit some fabric stops. Thanks for all the creative boosts! Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 10:30 PM

Thanks Carol, Glad you are enjoying it already! I'm off to buy some dies tomorrow and plan to order the new GO online since the prices seem so much better. Eager to get started! Saw one demonstrated today and it was marvelous. Will save so much time and think I can actually start making a dent on Fabricstashland. Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-28-2013, 04:55 AM

I have the GO and several dies, including all the strip dies. I find I don't use it much. I am going to put an ad in my guild's newsletter and try and sell it. I usually just grab a ruler and cut what I want rather than set the GO up. I do mostly scrap quilts. I think the product is fine, but personally I am unhappy that I have spent about $700 on something I don't use.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:03 AM

Happy Holidays everyone! I recently returned to the quilting board, been very busy with school bus driving....my husband bought me an Accuquilt Go for Christmas , that was on my Christmas list. I like to appliqué, does anyone have a favorite technique to appliqué? I used to apply fusible web and iron it on the fabric. What do you like to do? Thank you Joanne
Old 12-28-2013, 06:28 AM

You cannot go wrong with the die cutter...I have the GO and MANY dies...actually ordering some new ones today.....Joann fab is offering GO for 229.00 in their latest flyer....very good price...I am going to recommend it to our guild
Old 12-28-2013, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by NANAJOJO71355 View Post
Happy Holidays everyone! I recently returned to the quilting board, been very busy with school bus driving....my husband bought me an Accuquilt Go for Christmas , that was on my Christmas list. I like to appliqué, does anyone have a favorite technique to appliqué? I used to apply fusible web and iron it on the fabric. What do you like to do? Thank you Joanne
I understand that you can cut appliqué shape with fabric that has fusible adhered to the back for fusible appliqué. Also I've read that you can cut freezer paper shapes with the Go and then iron them on the back of your fabric, cut out with seam allowance and turn and baste for hand appliqué. Anyone have other ideas?
Old 12-28-2013, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

I had the opportunity to use one over the Christmas holiday. I will definitely be getting the Accu-Go....Loved it....Welcome to the Board....
Old 12-28-2013, 08:22 AM

I don't have a go but for quilting I have the Bernina 550 and love it for piecing and quilting.
Happy New Year. May your year be filled with good health and love.
Mia
Old 12-28-2013, 09:09 AM

I have the accuquilt, but find that to get the dies is almost out of my price range, so do more research before buying ond.