Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Received a Kindle Fire HD...now what??? >

Received a Kindle Fire HD...now what???

Received a Kindle Fire HD...now what???

Old 12-27-2013, 12:12 PM

You can get books, magazines, music, movies. The list goes on and on. It is basically a small computer. You can face book, e-mail etc. relax.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:48 PM

I've been thinking of getting one of these. I have the older kindle with the buttons and I read books on it every day. Just don't know if I'll use it for more then books. I got an android phone and it's been aggravating. I've been trying to download the Amazon app store all day and it won't download.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:29 PM

Got my husband a Kindle for Christmas and trying to teach myself and him to use it. Am finding all posts very interesting and helpful. I e-mailed my self all the post that were informative for later use. Thanks all for the tips so far, keep them coming.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:09 PM

I have a kindle fire and have downloaded a few books, but can someone please tell me how to save them to the cloud? Right now they just show up on the main screen.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:20 PM

If you tap on the picture of the book and hold it, a list will pop up. One of the listing is "remove from device". Tap that and it will take it off your device and it will go onto your cloud. You then have to do the same thing again only tap remove from carousel". That is the way you do it on mine.

Originally Posted by sewplease View Post
I have a kindle fire and have downloaded a few books, but can someone please tell me how to save them to the cloud? Right now they just show up on the main screen.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:47 PM

I love my kindle fire HD and I can do anything on it that I do on my laptop. I carry it in my purse allways and would not fly without it.You can send text free, and put all kinds of file and games o n it by putting them in a cloud so it doesnt take up all your memory. LOVE IT cmaras1234 PS>< movies email and everything else is a breeze/
Old 12-28-2013, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Up North View Post
Congratulations! I also got one for Christmas if if were not for my grandson I would not be able to do anything yet!! I still prefer my desktop computer. I have not found a book to download that I really want to read yet.
Try patchwork nd quilting books there is a wide selection and if you put the kindle on your main computer you can print the patterns and templates.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:48 AM

Hi there! One thing you can do is join Book Bub. LOTS of FREEBIES! You set it up for the types of books that you want to receive (there are all types, and you can choose a lot of different types). Each day, you receive an email with the books for that day. Some are FREE, and some at a minimal cost. You can set it up to where the books download to your home computer, then you can transfer them to your Kindle when you want to read them so there won't be so many on it at a time. I can transfer them to my tablet (or Kindle in your case) as needed. I highly recommend it, as there are always great FREEBIES daily.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:32 AM

Has anyone discovered a good book on how to manage your kindle. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a kindle as soon as I can find a sale. I'm leaning toward the HDX because it's supposed to be really fast. Just not sure if I'll know what to do with it after I get it. Does Amazon still have a history of your books if you use the tablet. I'm wondering why you would move the ones you've read to cloud and I had no idea you should delete it from cloud if you want to save space. I'm totally confused and I haven't even bought one yet.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:42 AM

Robert Kaufman has an app for figuring out measurements for quilt borders and bindings. Love it.