Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's next? >

What's next?

What's next?

Old 12-28-2013, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

Wool applique. Took a class just before Christmas and am hooked. Wanted to wait until after the holidays to get back to it.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:58 AM

This sounds like fun; I might have to try this one to use up scraps.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:05 AM

Finish 2 quilts; 1 to tie for GD #2 and the second (a wedding quilt) to have LA quilted. Then, a white on white quilt for daughter.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Have a large tote to do for my daughter and not sure after that.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:06 AM

My New Years project is to chart a quilt for one of the other members so she/he can remake her grandmothers quilt. I am honored to be able to do this for her/him. Where's my crayons? Lol! (Just kidding about the crayons.)
Old 12-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

Once I recover from Christmas, I want to finish 3 Bow Tucks bags I started, put a zipper in a bag for my DDIL(once I figure out how to do it -LOL), maybe I'll start on 12 BOM from 2007, put together the blocks from a BOM in 2006, etc., etc. You can see that I can be the great procrastinator. I could go on, but the list would be endless. I just plan to finish projects I've started and never finished, and work on projects to sell at next year's Fair. I'll be busy.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:36 AM

Location: Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats

I LOVE Tula Pink and have some fabric for ME! I will be interested to see your quilt you make for yourself out of her fabric. Mine will have to wait, I have several promised quilts before I can do for me! Have fun!
Old 12-29-2013, 05:08 AM

I'm quilting/finishing one that I brought home after cleaning out a friend's quilting room. She passed away last year from pancreatic cancer, and I found a beautiful quilt top she had made for her husband. I will finish that, as well as 2 kid's Christmas quilts for her grandkids. Also will make a T-shirt quilt for the daughter of a dear friend. The daughter has MS, and he brought me about 30 t-shirts she has collected during their fight against this disease. And finally, I will quilt the spring sampler I made at least 3 years ago (fab shop hop pattern) and make the first of 4 seasonal bed quilts I plan to make for myself. That should all keep me busy until well into the spring - okay, who am I kidding? Until well into the summer most likely.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:08 AM

I am hoping to finish up a metro rings quilt I am making for my DD and SIL. It was supposed to be a quilt to snuggle under on the couch. It has turned into a California King. I'm not sure if I have enough fabric to do this. I might need more background fabric. I need to quickly make a baby girl quilt for my niece. I will hopefully start that tonight. I want to do the medallion quilt here on the board and the BOM here on the board. I have fabric to make a quilt for me but am undecided what to make. I love flamingos and have a collection of fabrics for me. I also have fabric for a bargello. This should keep me busy for quite some time. I also need to clean my sewing room which is a mess.
My stash is out of control. So I have volunteered to cut some kits from it for my guilds sew in making Ronald McDonald quilts. I have a bunch of fabric that is from yard sales and given to me that just isn't my type of fabric. I figured this is a good way to use it up.
Everyone have a good New Year.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:26 AM

I have tule pink, Scared to cut it.
need ideas.