Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
AQS Quilt Show in CHARLOTTE, NC July 30-Aug 2, 2014 >

AQS Quilt Show in CHARLOTTE, NC July 30-Aug 2, 2014

AQS Quilt Show in CHARLOTTE, NC July 30-Aug 2, 2014

Old 11-27-2013, 01:33 PM

Default AQS Quilt Show in CHARLOTTE, NC July 30-Aug 2, 2014

I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! I got my new issue of AQ magazine and discovered that they will be holding one of their amazing quilts shows in CHARLOTTE, NC next year! I can't wait! I just put in for vacation days at work to attend! I only live about 45 miles from the Convention Center! Hurry up July 2014! SO I think we should use this thread to keep up with who plans to go and make it a priority to meet up together somewhere in Charlotte! I am just SO excited when something this big comes close to me! Any one else excited??? I think I'm gonna bust!!!!!! Who knows maybe I'll get brave and try to enter a quilt..... now that's a scary thought!!!!!!!! Lisa B in NC!!!
Old 11-28-2013, 12:47 PM

Lisa - nice to see a "neighbor" on the board. I live in Mooresville and, too, am looking forward to AQS in Charlotte next year. I've been going up to the Lancaster show since before it was an AQS one (my hometown is about 30 miles west of Lancaster). I'm trying to encourage all my quilty friends to go - I am amazed at people who think that Charlotte is too far to go!! From Shelby? Or Lincolnton? It comes right after Quilt Odyssey which I always go to - it's in Hershey which again is near my hometown. So I will be hustling come next summer - I definitely do not want to miss out on any show I can get to!! And I always go to the Expo in Statesville in January - never missed one including the year it snowed - always go on Friday so it really helped that time.

If you're looking for a nice quilt guild, come on down to Mooresville - we meet the second Monday of each month at 10am in the Senior Center.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving
Sandy in Mooresville
Old 11-28-2013, 01:10 PM

Loved seeing a couple of familiar town names. I live in Shelby but it's in Michigan! My nephew lives in Lincolnton, NC
Old 11-28-2013, 03:33 PM

Glad to hear of some close by, I live in York, SC. I will be watching for more info. Do hope I can attend. It is always a treat to hear from some of our "neighbors". Will mark my calendar.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:22 PM

I am a pretty good ways away from Charlotte, but NC holds a special place in my heart...My sister and I will be watching these posts--sounds like a road trip for us. We recently went to the Louisville show, and LOVED it....
Old 11-28-2013, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by ladyinpurple135 View Post
summer - And I always go to the Expo in Statesville in January - never missed one including the year it snowed - always go on Friday so it really helped that time.

If you're looking for a nice quilt guild, come on down to Mooresville - we meet the second Monday of each month at 10am in the Senior Center.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving
Sandy in Mooresville
.................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

Hey Sandy! I would love to come visit your guild but I have to work M-F 8-5 so Monday's at 10am doesn't work for me.... I also go to the Statesville Expo each year and as for the year it snowed... well I did make it there and I even wrote about my adventure getting there that year and It was posted on Mary Jo's Fabric Shop blog....you ca n check it out here...http://maryjoscloth-design.blogspot....ting-love.html We'll have to try and get together some day at least in July 2014 for sure!!
Old 12-29-2013, 12:11 PM

Thanks for posting about this. Charlotte is a lot closer to Richmond than any of the other venues and the weather in July is better for traveling. This will be my first AQS show. I'm getting excited too.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:25 PM

Thanks for sharing. I live in Summerville, SC and have family in Charlotte and hope to go to the AQS! Please keep us informed...
Old 12-29-2013, 05:13 PM

I know I'm excited!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 01:39 AM

Charlotte is better than Richmond. I ususally go there.