Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Favorite Things Tablerunner/Mat swap!! Sign ups Close January 10th >

Favorite Things Tablerunner/Mat swap!! Sign ups Close January 10th

Favorite Things Tablerunner/Mat swap!! Sign ups Close January 10th

Old 12-31-2013, 08:28 AM
Banned

Default Newest issue of Quilters World

I have posted this in other swaps that I am in.

Just a quick FYI.

I just downloaded my new copy of Quilters World Spring 2014
issue, and I must say that it is PACKED FULL of awesome quilted
projects.

So Far I have added to my "someday I want to make" list 19 out
of the 24 projects featured in the new issue.

I can't wait to get my print copy of the magazine.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:01 AM

Happy New Year!
Just over a week left until we get our names Have you given thought as to your favorite things? Have you picked a pattern or 2 to keep in mind? Well, it's time to start all that thinking....

If you haven't yet pm'd me to sign up, now's the time for that too.
I'm looking forward to a great creative swap with all of you!
Old 01-01-2014, 12:34 PM

Now that Christmas is over I have some time to get on the computer. Thank you to all of those who said "Hello" to me. It was a nice pick-me-up to read all of the messages. I have a several patterns picked out - waiting to see what my partner likes and doesn't - then to find some cute fabric.

I was in a table runner mood for Christmas presents - but had unexpected eye surgery in late Oct - so that killed any plans for a sewn Christmas. Did manage to finish a knitted shrug for my little granddaughter and still have the fabric for the little dress to wear under it. So time to get my machine out.

Santa brought me an early Christmas present - my oldest son who is living in Bogota Colombia walked in the door a little before midnight on Fri before Christmas - was a really nice surprise. He left here last Oct on his motorcycle on an extended (read several years) trip south! So have been spending free time with him.

Looking forward to the pairing up of partners and getting to the decision making time. I am pretty easy to please for my partner. I never met a fabric I didn't love - from Civil war and 30's repros, to the more modern fabrics. Only thing is - I am very allergic to cats and cigarette smoke.

Nice to meet everyone - from a really nice day here in SE TN - Chattanooga area.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:32 PM

What a great Christmas present! I sure missed both of my boys not being here this year. Hope your eyes are healing and doing better.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:16 PM

Our nice day yesterday turned to snow tonight - the deck has probably 1/2" and the grass has dusting. We don't get snow real often, but here in the mountains, it really creates havoc when we do. And I think I am getting sick....so guess I will stay inside and amuse myself somehow....maybe on the computer looking at table runner patterns!!

Eye is doing quite well. It is great to not be in as much pain as I was. Pain is a funny thing. It creeps up on you and can gradually build. You don't realize how much until it is much better. It was surgery #13 on that eye, so I do have nerve damage pain. But it is still a lot better than it was.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:40 PM

So glad your eye is healing and less pain. Think I know that pain tolerance really well with this pinched sciatic nerve. By the end of the day I can certainly feel it, doc wants me to try another spinal, so I go in on the 10th. Just hoping it will work.
Wish I knew my partners favorite things right now so I could get her runner done. Won't be able to get in my sewing room for about a week after this spinal (downstairs) and doc said that was a no-no. Hope she won't have to wait long.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:43 PM

Hi - a little more about me quickly -
Colors - I really don't have many I don't like - orange probably is tops on the list. Puke green and yellows, stuff like that - maybe those colors have proper names that sound better. As someone else said, we have a lot of dark wood, so probably not earth tones - maybe I just need spring to arrive!
Flowers - I love irises, pansies, orchids, really most flowers. Can't think of any that would be off limits.
Animals - don't have cats, very allergic to them. Wouldn't quite know how to incorporate them into a table runner. But I bet a quick search would give some ideas. My daughter and her girlfriend have one - but she keeps Abby out of the guest room and I do ok with her. They are such comical animals - they are so entertaining.
We now have miniature schnauzer #5 - have loved them all. They are such inquisitive animals - so am really a dog person.
Hobbies - I knit, crochet, and am learning to quilt. Am smocking and sewing for my little 18 mo old granddaughter - such fun things to do.

I do like to decorate for holidays a little - so something for Valentines or Easter or just Spring colors would be fun.

A few questions - when I receive my exchange - do I post a picture in an album, here, or give a link to the photo? Is there a way to search this thread for messages - such as from my partner so I can learn her (or his) favorite things.
I tried using the search this thread option but it didn't pull up all of the messages for the one member I used. Thanks for helping me out.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:55 PM

You'll pm your partner for correspondence and such. And YES! post the pictures here, we all love seeing them! Let me know if you need more clarification.

Can't wait for this round to get started!!!

Jaba, I bet you'll be the first to mail even with giving us all a head start
Old 01-02-2014, 06:23 PM

Keep the faith for me MS. Lambing, I'll try! rbwiese, we should be partners!!!! Our allergies are the same (cats) and I love flowers, although I can't grow them worth a ----! Would sure love a table runner or table mat in those though, don't care which one, just praying for the summer to get here.
Just have to tell you my good news for me, over New Years bought my self a new SUV. Had a Dodge Durango that was getting a little difficult for me to get into( have a pinched sciatic nerve) so went with a smaller version and got a Ford Edge. I was suppose to get it tomorrow but they delivered it to the house today, my Durango was already sold sight unseen. My dealer was very happy! Now to learn all the computer screen, phone, e-mail, navigation...mercy TomTom's are things of the past and actually holding your cell phone, amazing....but now learning how to run everything in 1 little unit.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:16 AM

Congratulations on your new vehicle! I still feel like mine is new 2 months later, and it's 4 model years old. I'm in agreement that you'll probably be she first one to ship regardless!