Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 12-31-2013, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Hopefully I read this right.... I have trimmed my center block to 17½" which is divisible by 3 ½" right? This is a very old block, it's been stuck up in the cupboard with a few "friends" for years... can't even remember when I made it...so hopefully it will be fun to work with![ATTACH=CONFIG]453326[/ATTACH]
What a gorgeous center!! I guess I like asymmetrical things.

Cleodaisy
Old 12-31-2013, 12:17 PM

Elisabrat & Jaba, count me in. I'll have to find the block I have in mind. I made it several years ago & it keeps getting moved from 1 box to the next waiting for me to figure out what I want to do with it. My daughter loves it & so I'll plan on doing this for her. I am fascinated by the round robins but afraid I'd get something like CajunBear.
Cajunbear, I love your center & agree with you. Also read your latest posts too. You are so sweet.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:49 PM

Here's my block. It's paper pieced & 12 1/2" unfinished. [ATTACH=CONFIG]454126[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1133
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	454125   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	454126  
Old 12-31-2013, 01:00 PM

Nice star! and lots of colors to play with.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:47 PM

I going to try this. Sounds fun

Sandie
Old 12-31-2013, 02:07 PM

Thimble bug 6000 & mimiknoxtaylor. These are great centers.

I have decided what my center will be. I need to make my great nephew a quilt for his high school graduation in May. That gives me a goal and kills two birds as they say. Bought fabric yesterday to work on center tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:26 PM

Besides the Peacock (12.5 x 12.5), I think I will do one using this Ohio stamp panel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]454139[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03871.JPG
Views:	413
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	454139  
Old 12-31-2013, 08:31 PM

The centers are all beautiful. I need to dig out my stash.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:03 PM

Hope all of you that have your centers done will post them tomorrow and those that don't maybe just post your fabric if you have that picked out. Brat has 2 or 3 centers for examples that she will post tomorrow and an easy round. I will be posting 2 different rounds that you can choose from also or you can do another one that you like. Sure would like everyone to post their rounds as you get them done. It's nice seeing what everyone's looks like as well as giving others different ideas for future projects. It's really amazing how they start and then round after round how they look in the end. Meet with you all in the morning, Happy New Year to each and every one of you. Looking forward to our fun in 2014!!
Old 12-31-2013, 11:23 PM

Well just a few short hours away! I woke up to watch the ball drop only to find they had cut the NY time square off the midnight mayheim to put in BILLINGS MONTANA's ball drop. It is a first for them this year but trust me in this.. it was fairly anti climatic. I HAVE BEEN ROBBED! lol

I have two centers for you that can be made 12.5 or 24.5 inches your call.. and you of course can use whatever you chose. These round robins are all about creativity. I know we will have fun. Jaba and I will be posting 8 am MTN time so we can get our pictures together and post together. No mixing things up here!

Frenchfryqueen she can easily use that center and also use some of those rounds for another projects. The are done well and are creativity shows for sure. Color is what it is and we all love something else. HERE we get to pick our own fabrics and our own rounds and well .. no one to blame but ourselves I think after that I strongly suggest you make 3 or 4 blocks of one round that you think you will like. Then place them around the edges of your quilt.. does it work? what you love and think is grand upfront might not be the case when stitched in place.. so rather than doing 20 plus blocks and finding out you don't like the way it looks or the color.. well you will find your much happier if you have only done a few. (ask me how I know.. just finished 16 and think I might want to change them in another round robin.. ugh..)... well best get some sleep. Happy New Years everyone! see you in the morning!