Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Crazy Quilt >

My Crazy Quilt

My Crazy Quilt

Old 12-31-2013, 10:44 PM

Thank you once again for the great response, this is what makes all of you so special. You inspire me to get on and get this one completed. It is an enormous journey as this will be 250x250cm (double bed size) and the blocks are 50x50 cm each and there are 25 blocks in all.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Power Poster

Really enjoying the close-ups - feel a trifle guilty though, because snapping pics and posting is taking you away from your project. I think I would have a huge problem with diversity.....which you seem to have sorted....your elements work really well together but you have so much going on...love the wheat sheaves and the tractor and the "rainbow wreath" bit around the white roses.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:30 AM

Thanks so much for the close-ups, your blocks are great! What a wonderful quilt you'll have when you're done. I tried to do one when I was a kid, but messed up royally, I didn't realize you could use less than the whole 6 strands of floss so I did all this labor intensive stitching and it looks lke a 10 year old did it (I think I was in my 20's at the time, way before the internet). I still look at it and cringe every time I accidentally run across it. You, definitely won't have that problem. I like the beadwork you've done, it's going to be beautiful.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
Really enjoying the close-ups - feel a trifle guilty though, because snapping pics and posting is taking you away from your project. I think I would have a huge problem with diversity.....which you seem to have sorted....your elements work really well together but you have so much going on...love the wheat sheaves and the tractor and the "rainbow wreath" bit around the white roses.
I just love a full crazy quilt and have enjoyed this journey so much and will not be making another and have really enjoyed having this busy quilt. I am on the internet at night when I dont embroider because the night lights dont always give me the real colors that I want. I have lots of lovely variegated threads that I use and will only show up at its best in day light. Also need some time to see what is going on in my quilting world the net.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by jeaninmaine View Post
Thanks so much for the close-ups, your blocks are great! What a wonderful quilt you'll have when you're done. I tried to do one when I was a kid, but messed up royally, I didn't realize you could use less than the whole 6 strands of floss so I did all this labor intensive stitching and it looks lke a 10 year old did it (I think I was in my 20's at the time, way before the internet). I still look at it and cringe every time I accidentally run across it. You, definitely won't have that problem. I like the beadwork you've done, it's going to be beautiful.
Thank you very much I did not start out thinking of using beads but then realized that this will not be going onto our bed because I have cats and I then started using beads and decided that I am going to hang this one.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan View Post
Your quilt is lovely. There is so much detail in it. I am so glad that you shared it.
Well there is a lot in but I am not going to make another one.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:58 PM

This is an amazing quilt!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:29 PM

I love love love this quilt. It gives me inspiration for my scraps. Thank you
Old 01-02-2014, 11:52 PM

I love crazy quilts, and this one is really something very special and beautiful. Good job! It's obviously a labor of love, and a family heirloom in the making.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:20 PM

Not only is that a crazy quilt; it is a work of art. Congratulations.