Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which is your favorite craftsy class? >

Which is your favorite craftsy class?

Which is your favorite craftsy class?

Old 01-02-2014, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
My favorites are the free BOMs they offered in 2012 and 2013. They are offering one in 2014, but don't know when. I like the BOMs because I learn so many new ways to piece. I loved Amy as a teacher in 2012 the best. I hope we get a great teacher in 2014!! When they offer the class, will whomever sees it, will they let us know? I try and check everyday, but don't always remember. My age is catching up to me.
Craftsy's 2014 BOM is to be up January 5th.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:34 AM

I have many Craftsy classes. I watch them, and later watch them again and again. I have learned so much from them. As far as a favorite, I was really happy to see the Crazy quilt class. Each person gets something different from each class; we all take the classes with a different set of expectations and skills. I got the least from the Pieced Hexie class, but still appreciated the review of paper piecing. I took a number of the Modern quilt classes I found they really are not my style of quilting but still came away with something learned from each.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:40 AM

I just signed up for my first Craftsy class - it is instruction on using a serger. I've had a wonderful, and pretty pricey, Baby Lock Evolution serger for about 3 years and have done NOTHING with it except thread it and sew a couple of different stitches. My goal this year is to become REALLY good on the serger (along with making about 20 quilts and a bazillion gifts in an effort to significantly reduce my fabric stash). Yikes - I'd better get busy!!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 AM

I liked almost all of the ones I enrolled in.

Leah Day's class on Free Motion Quilting a Sampler was probably the one I liked best. I love the way she taught me how to join blocks together after they are sandwiched and quilted.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:53 AM

so if you purchase the classes you get to keep them forever?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:28 AM

As long as Craftsy exists, the classes you buy are there for you to watch as many times as you want to. There is also a way to make notes for places that you think you may have trouble with. Plus you can ask questions and get answers. The camera angles are way better than going to a workshop in person - you are looking right over the instructor's shoulder so you can really see what is being done.