Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Think my machine just broke :( >

Think my machine just broke :(

Think my machine just broke :(

Old 01-03-2014, 09:29 AM

Is there a hoop selection app? If so bring it up and enter the size hoop you are using and see if that helps. I have had that happen on my creative sensation and that solved the problem. Good luck.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:04 AM

Usually the machine will tell you what size hoop to use for the particular design you're embroidering but since you now state its making an awful sound too I'd say contact dealer pronto as someone else has mentioned. Obviously something is out of sync.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:12 AM

I would think that if it was received for Christmas and we are only in the first week in January, they should have given you a new machine. A machine should not break that easy or fast
Old 01-03-2014, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by romille View Post
I have a Pfaff Creative Performance that I JUST got for Christmas, and I think the embroidery unit just broke on me... but of course it is New Years so the shop is closed. Maybe someone out there can tell me some simple thing that needs tweaking and tell me everything is okay

I was happily embroidering a baby quilt... I took the hoop off to reposition the fabric, and when I put it back on the machine kept telling me to put the correct hoop size on. I popped it on and off a few times, no luck. So I restarted the machine. When the machine starts up it always gives that message that says to remove the hoop so that the machine can calibrate...then it runs the arm up and down to calibrate it. When the bit that holds the hoop comes back near the needle it makes a horrible sound and then the machine gives me that "remove the hoop" message again.

I have a Pfaff Creative Vision embroidery machine and when I got the short arm embroidery unit to take to class (as it takes up less space) I had a problem to start embroidery. What I forgot was there was a red plastic tag at the bottom of the unit for transit, so the arm does not move back and forth. Took the red tag out and everything went fine. Hope you get your machine back soon.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:34 PM

Did you "park" the machine before you took the hoop off the first time or turned the machine off? I am wondering if that might just be the problem. Turn it back on and then "park" it and turn it off. See if that changes things for you when you turn it on again. I know, the first time I turned my machine off I didn't park it and ran into some trouble.

Originally Posted by romille View Post
I have a Pfaff Creative Performance that I JUST got for Christmas, and I think the embroidery unit just broke on me... but of course it is New Years so the shop is closed. Maybe someone out there can tell me some simple thing that needs tweaking and tell me everything is okay

I was happily embroidering a baby quilt... I took the hoop off to reposition the fabric, and when I put it back on the machine kept telling me to put the correct hoop size on. I popped it on and off a few times, no luck. So I restarted the machine. When the machine starts up it always gives that message that says to remove the hoop so that the machine can calibrate...then it runs the arm up and down to calibrate it. When the bit that holds the hoop comes back near the needle it makes a horrible sound and then the machine gives me that "remove the hoop" message again.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 PM

I have the Viking Ruby Plus and I have to make sure I have selected the correct size hoop at the beginning. It will tell me if I have the wrong hoop on...
Gosh, I hope your machine is ok. I've only had mine a short time and am in the process of learning to use it. It's not an over night or one time process. I have to do the steps several times before I remember them and keep my manual at my sewing desk.
Am anxious to hear about your machine...
Old 01-03-2014, 11:16 PM

You need to take it into the dealer it needs to be recalibrated... should be no problem . you could have bumped it and nocked something out of line. DottieBug
Old 01-04-2014, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie'sMom View Post
If the design is larger than the hoop, the machine will make noises. If the hopping foot starts to hit the hoop it will make noises. If the hopping foot actually hits the hoop and the needle goes into the hoop it will make LOTS of noise and the needle will likely brake.
This machine won't let that happen it seems... annoyingly so at times since I have had things hooped with space left, but the machine disagreed with me and wouldn't let me start stitching. The issue was without the hoop attached though.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by shasta5718 View Post
Is there a hoop selection app? If so bring it up and enter the size hoop you are using and see if that helps. I have had that happen on my creative sensation and that solved the problem. Good luck.
It was stuck in a loop when turning it on, asking for the unit to be calibrated... I could never get as far as selecting a hoop size.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
I would think that if it was received for Christmas and we are only in the first week in January, they should have given you a new machine. A machine should not break that easy or fast
The sales lady did say they would probably just replace it. I am disappointed that they didn't give me a call today, but I was too busy to deal with it anyway. I guess now I will have to wait for Monday to call them and see what they are going to do. I am hoping they give me a new unit, I agree it should not have broken this fast.