Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Wasn't going anwhere anyway.. >

Wasn't going anwhere anyway..

Wasn't going anwhere anyway..

Old 01-06-2014, 06:50 AM

Default Wasn't going anwhere anyway..

But it's now official. Ft.Wayne, In has had a snow emergency declared, so unless you have a real good reason to be out there, don't go. SO heard that on the news last night and said, "I don't care how good the fabric sale is, I'm not taking you!" Told him that was OK, as I had already been to JoAnn's and got some stuff last week
So, everybody, stay in, stay warm and stitch on..
Old 01-06-2014, 06:56 AM

I wish I was snowed-in at home so I could stitch. My LQS went out of business and for Christmas and my birthday (yesterday) my DH told me to go and spend some $$. I bought enough fabric for about 10 quilts and spent a little over $200! I have lots of fabric now, but I'm back to work and so wishing I could retire and just quilt all day long! ho-hum....
Old 01-06-2014, 07:06 AM

I won't be going out either...we won't be plowed out any time soon. I am hoping some brave souls with four wheel drive will make a path to the high way. Not sure how it would go over if I call in again most of the people I work with live close and don't call in.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Power Poster

Ventured out to drive my daughter to work and I have a dentist appointment today. Wish I could stay in to sew! I had to steer into a fishtail as someone in front of me thought it would be a good idea to slam on the brakes to turn at the last minute. Thank goodness I was only going 40 KM.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
I won't be going out either...we won't be plowed out any time soon. I am hoping some brave souls with four wheel drive will make a path to the high way. Not sure how it would go over if I call in again most of the people I work with live close and don't call in.
Hoping to get plowed out sometime today. Hubby has to make it to work, so he has the 4 wheel drive truck. I called off from work last night, my little car won't even make it out of the driveway. Need to stay off the computer and get into the sewing room and enjoy the snow day. Keep warm.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:50 AM

Its actually warmer here right now of 42 degrees but we have rain and that is suppose to turn to freezing once the temps go down later today. I am home and plan to sew!!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

We slept half hour later then started our day. It is -10 degrees and waited for road crew to plow the hilly, winding road. Our little road was plowed last night. We have a 4 wheel drive truck and hardly anyone on the roads. We had no problem getting to work, I drove about 35 - 40 MPH. Not many people on the main highway. Usually very busy all hours of the day and night. Schools being closed helps with that.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

Just bitter cold here but no rain or snow. The sun is shinning so it may get up in the 20's today. It doesn't bother me to get out in the cold as long as I can drive on the streets normally.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:01 AM

Brrrrrrr..... -13 degrees without windchill factor at 5 a.m.this morning. We received 9 inches of snow Friday night into Saturday; our long driveway has snow drifts across it so we will be staying in by the fireplace and enjoying beef stew. I believe the State roadcrew has made one pass on the highway, at the end of our driveway, to clear what they can, but it's too cold to go down the driveway to see. I went out long enough to put sunflower seeds out for all my feathered friends. They were so cold and hungry that they did not even fly off while I filled their feeders and threw seeds on the ground for them. This afternoon I'll get started quilting a 30's reproduction quilt that I loaded in the frame last week. As long as we keep electric power I'm happy.

Hope everyone stays safe and warm.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:15 AM

It was -15 here this morning but it is now 10 degrees above -- we are having a heat wave!! Missed my granddaughter's birthday party last night due to the cold. We will celebrate with her tomorrow instead. My husband has to go out quite often to check the animals -- luckily they have a shed they can shelter in. Tomorrow it will be back to normal for us!! Be safe everyone.