Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW SWAP!  Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks! >

NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks!

NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks!

Old 01-05-2014, 03:43 PM

I received my blocks and they are gorgeous! I love the D4P blocks!!!
Old 01-06-2014, 04:39 PM

Stitch124, I love them too! How is your quilt coming along? I laid out my blocks on my bed, numbered my rows, and started sewing the rows! It's my favourite quilt that I've got!!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:31 AM

Got home last night from visiting family over the holidays and there was my squishy waiting for me. Now I wish I had made more sets to exchange . Thanks to all that made my squares. Have a blessed and healthy New Year.
Grandma Cindy
Old 01-09-2014, 04:45 AM

Hi givio - I've been working on the December swap blocks, and also I finished a fence rail 3.5" block swap quilt during Christmas so I haven't had a chance to lay out the 30's D4P blocks yet. I'm debating how I want to lay them out. I think putting all the white squares together gives a different look. Saw the sample on Pinterest. It also had a piano key boarder but I'm not going to that extent. I bought some beautiful 30's red/white flower print for the borders, binding and backing. I also want to make a few more blocks because I'd like to make this quilt to fit on my bed. Not as a full spread, just big enough to cover the top. I am looking forward to the finished quilt and will post a pic when its done. Also wondering the best way to quilt it. The white blocks will give some open space for a pretty design I think.
I have so many ideas and not enough time to get all my projects done. I must have 30 quilts lined up to work on. Retirement can't come soon enough...but don't know when that will be so, I just keep plugging along.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:09 AM

Took a minute and laid out the blocks I have before receiving the swap blocks. I really love D4Ps!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	d4pblocks.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	370.6 KB
ID:	455611  
Old 01-09-2014, 01:49 PM

Stitch124, I laid my blocks the same, with color point and white points touching. Unfortunately, after I sewed two rows, I put them together on the wrong side, so the colors aren't going point to point on the diagonal. :-( Bah! So I have some stitches to pick out. I ended up with only about 10 prints repeated and it's double size, 10 x 10 blocks, 80" square. Haven't decided yet about a border, or back, or how to quilt it. I like it so much I'm thinking about paying to have it done with a computerized design. I can only do straight stitching at home, wish I could afford one of the quilting machines, but it's unlikely I'll ever get one. I liked the other layout you mention too, but decided to use that for the batik quilt. Haven't been able to post pictures on QB, but will try again one of these days...
Old 01-09-2014, 01:56 PM

30 quilts lined up, but you got the fence rail done, so that's an accomplishment!! Good job. Post a picture of it? I decided not to do the Valentine February D4P because I'm still working on the 30's and the batik... also have 4 other quilts in the works... but I loved the new D4P with a twist pattern and made a baby quilt top with it (start to finish during our weekend snow storm) using 9 blocks and 3" sashing. Looks like it will be about 42" square when done.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:51 AM

Default pic of finished quilt

Givio -- I don't know how to post a pic on a PM so I'll post the fence rail here. It went together quickly! Perfect lap quilt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SplitRailquiltswap.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	484.4 KB
ID:	455815  
Old 01-11-2014, 04:57 PM

Wow! I love it! Love that warm red you chose for the border. I'm a sucker for scrappy. Looks great! Now post the D4P brights/batiks one here please? I can't find that one...
Old 01-11-2014, 08:35 PM

Just want to thank all of you for the beautiful blocks I received from this swap. May be awhile before I get them together into a quilt as I have several other projects (both quilty and otherwise) going on right now. Enjoying seeing finished projects by those of you who are so industrious and speedy!