Boom 11 - SLOW & EASY

Old 01-09-2014, 05:36 PM

Pretty..bee
Old 01-09-2014, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
LJ this one is for you.

This cold weather and icy conditions make for great sewing room days. I finished block two today for LJ Dugas. I was excited to get this fabric. I have 1 yard pieces from this entire collection. I was one of the first investments I made in fabric when I retired and bought my new machine. There is a little voice calling me to make a second block with some interchanging some of the other patterns in the collection with your fabric and white accents.
I just love it!! Funny I am retireing this june bought a new machine and tons of fabric this is my favorite I have two more in the collection so I can make more blocks to add. Thanks again love it!!!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
LJ this one is for you.

This cold weather and icy conditions make for great sewing room days. I finished block two today for LJ Dugas. I was excited to get this fabric. I have 1 yard pieces from this entire collection. I was one of the first investments I made in fabric when I retired and bought my new machine. There is a little voice calling me to make a second block with some interchanging some of the other patterns in the collection with your fabric and white accents.
This is a beautiful block! I have been looking at this pattern for some of the boom fabric too. Great minds think alike?
Old 01-10-2014, 04:28 AM

Pretty! [QUOTE=Bee Beatty;6503558]LJ this one is for you.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:39 AM

Love the blocks so far. Thank you for the well wishes. My goal is to do 2 blocks a night, 2 nights and I have 3 1/2 done. Working on my Fast n furious first. But will sneak in a Slow and steady from time to time!!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
I just love it!! Funny I am retireing this june bought a new machine and tons of fabric this is my favorite I have two more in the collection so I can make more blocks to add. Thanks again love it!!!
I retired 5 1/2 years ago and about 3 years before retiring I bought both my new machines. My regular one and then an embroidery one. I have never used the embroidery one. LOL. there it sits. So this year my goal is to use the darn thing. LOL.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:21 PM

Rose, thanks for the note. I actually stumbled across this block looking at some I had stored in the past on my computer. Yes it is a beautiful block! Can do so many things with it and I think it would work well with any other combinations. Can't wait to see what you do with it also. Yes to great minds!
Originally Posted by Old_Rosebud View Post
This is a beautiful block! I have been looking at this pattern for some of the boom fabric too. Great minds think alike?
Old 01-10-2014, 01:26 PM

LJ so happy that you like it. I loved making it! And the best part......my husband walked into the sewing room just as I finished it and said...."Wow....I really like that one, I want a blue and white quilt for me". And of course I pointed him to the "take a number" holder in the corner.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:43 PM

It's always fun to check back in here to get an update. Glad to know I have so many friends here who share the joy of being finally retired..YYYYaaaaayyyy! And who have taken the plunge to invest in a new machine, maybe a second machine and of course purchased a wonderful bundle of all kinds of accessories that I use to decorate the new sewing room shelves. So far I have used 5 different stiches of the 1,142 I have available. As for embroidery, I have the entire family of hoops - from the Mini to the Mega Giant. Still loving my straight stitch.

On to Block number three for Gaijin!
Old 01-10-2014, 03:15 PM

Oh boy, eight blocks done! My daughter is visiting and she loaded pics to an albumn and got my profile picture up. Progress, progress!