Boom 11 - FAST & FURIOUS

Old 01-11-2014, 08:28 PM

Don't feel bad because I went back and checked mine because they looked a tad bit short on the 12 1/2" size and found that I will have to redo a few. Boy that really bites my butt when the patterns don't measure up. I'm about ready to throw all the patterns away and draw up my own. At least I will know they will be the right size when I'm done.
Oh well time to back up and regroup.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Nancia, its amazing that this swap group let me participate after the lst boom I did! I had just started quilting again after not doing any for years and the fabric I sent out was hideous...I didn't "measure" and cut after sewing the blocks as I went so Im sure a lot of them went home as NOT 12 1/2" like they were suppose to...Thanks heavens I got a lot of support and encouragement from people in this group and after doing 6 or 7 of the swaps Im hoping that Ive improved A LOT!! LOL...practice, practice, practice...I keep telling myself that everytime I try to paper piece but so far its not working! Im sure ALL your blocks will be super!!

Libster, I have no idea where the pattern comes from,someone made it for me many booms ago and she sent me the hand made pattern.. I love it with blues.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:40 PM

Default Jaba

Jaba, completed your block today. It was a new to me block and felt like I was working on a jigsaw puzzle. Good grief had to keep turning the pieces this way and that but was happy once i got my head around it. Will send pictures tomorrow. Terriamn
Old 01-12-2014, 12:57 AM

Ok!! first block done! So fun with this fabric! For some silly reason, it reminded me of the Eye Of Sauron. :P
The fabric I added is almost exactly the same ivory tone as your sample, it just looks whiter in this picture.
Name of the block is Broken Wheel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jaba.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	456107  
Old 01-12-2014, 05:35 AM

Jaba, the darker brown matched the lst block perfectly. You have good eye for color matches to whatever you choose will be great! Thanks for posting the coordinating fabric....lj sure picked the prettier of the two for the F8's...would be interesting to try to incorporate the stripes ...hmmmm....

Oh..and No hubby...just for a friend.. That's why I have so much time for quilting....husbands are almost needier than kids!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:12 AM

Bluelady, looks fabulous, and you even got the eyes in there. Thank you so much, love it.
Joan I like the chocolate brown better too, changing it today, then sew.
I am going to incorporate those strips but not as long pieces, will be cutting it in sections to use with different block patterns for borders, kind of round robin type. Then maybe a thin strip or 2 in it somewhere. Hardly do straight strips for borders anymore, like the different movements and want to make sure I get the purples and turquoise in there. Ordered some black and white Kona and am waiting for it to come to make a "Storm at Sea" ...I'm sure that one will test my patience a bunch but I love the pattern and so does the hubby. Oh and I have lots of time to sew too, he has his own hobbies
Old 01-12-2014, 10:20 AM

Finished two more. Off to see grandkids..yeah.. Terriamn I hope this isn't too "bright"...I kind of liked it when it was done! Orange is Terriamn, Rust is NanaKathy

Name:	Terriamn  All squared Up.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	456158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nana Kathy Galaxy X.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	456159  
Old 01-12-2014, 11:10 AM

Joanelizbay..Girl, you are on a roll!! Love both of these.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:30 AM

here are the blocks you have been waiting for......... these are the blocks that I made for...
Old 01-12-2014, 11:58 AM

Ok I spent last night fixing all the blocks that were off and finished Libster's as well, then started on Nancia's Scrappy block

Libster block is an alternate LeMoyne
Nancia this is a tease picture just to show you how it's coming along LOL I will let you know the block name when I'm done.

Name:	Libster.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	397.1 KB
ID:	456193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nancia Tease.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	456194  
Old 01-12-2014, 12:10 PM

WOW!!! Saying I love it does not even begin to do justice to that one! I can't wait to get all these blocks put together.

Nancia..that tease looks pretty darn good to me too!

Edited to add: I keep going back and looking and telling myself that that block is MINE! Yippee!!

Last edited by Libster; 01-12-2014 at 12:13 PM.