Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Craftsy class >

Craftsy class

Craftsy class

Old 01-13-2014, 01:23 AM

Default Free classes online for 7700??

[QUOTE=carolaug;6505632]My other thought is...that one of the reasons why I bought my 7700 is they had free classes on their sight so I was able to learn how to use it before I took the plunge...vs some of the other brands that you had to buy it first...when we are shown things first it is a great way to encourage people to buy the product and use it....and upgrade. Just saying...and Jenny Dolan...she is awesome...I even bought fabric from them and will again...so those who share we do not forget...I hope companies don't forget that...[/QUOTEHi carolaug, I have a 7700 as well, but have never found online classes offered. Could you share the link?
Old 01-13-2014, 04:35 AM

I really like the color and design of the quilt. I almost purchased the kit, but I already have four quilts in the works. For the moment, I'm resisting.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:57 AM

I did a craftsy BOM, used my own fabric and it is one of my favorite quilts. I also received help from this board on putting it together with the blocks on point. I love it and love the fabric I used. I learned a lot and it was a free class.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:05 AM

I signed up for it, should be a very informative class. Hopefully this year, I'll actually sit down and watch the classes instead of just "buying" them!
Old 01-13-2014, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
I signed up for it, should be a very informative class. Hopefully this year, I'll actually sit down and watch the classes instead of just "buying" them!
I'm good at watching them, but not actually doing the projects.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post
I think the featured quilt is way too busy and I agree that purchasing pre-selected fabrics kind of defeats the purpose of a color theory class.

The explanations on color are fine but I think the construction portion is very poorly presented.

I'm enrolled in a number of Craftsy classes and have found them to be excellent but, so far, I'm very disappointed in this one.
I agree with you. I did sign up for this class but am having 2nd thoughts. Watched the video & was going to withdraw but don't see where it's possible. Having an art background I don't have a problem with color but signed up for this because I've done the BOM on Craftsy for the last 2 years & loved them & learned a lot. The 2012 was the best & you can still do that one. Since the year is over you can do the whole year is a month if you choose. I still go back & watch some of the techniques.
for some of the new quilters I would advise the BOMs from 2012 & 2013 over this one.