Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Dining Room turned studio and thread storage >

Dining Room turned studio and thread storage

Dining Room turned studio and thread storage

Old 01-14-2014, 08:34 PM

Thank u for noticing my magazine files. So I bought them plain white (ie ikea brand) on amazon. They were like maybe $12 for 10. I actually bought scrapbook paper 50% off at michaels and basically cut the paper to fit the outside end of the files. I made homemade modpodge from 1 part water and 1 part Elmer's glue. I brushed the mix on the file end and wrong side of paper, carefully place the paper on the file box, then coated right side of paper with mix. It looked a bit wrinkly while wet, but after drying overnight it looks great( I also used this method on that cherry blossom canvas with s on it on my back wall) I had the metal labels that I bought on clearance from staples that were peel and stick. They were gold colored and I spray painted them with a silver metallic paint and then stuck them on the finished file boxes. Now it took some time to collect all the items because I am cheap and bought the paper and metal label holders on clearance, but it was worth the wait. Thank you for the kind words.
Originally Posted by roselady View Post
Your room is beautiful!! I am in the process of moving my sewing room out of the guest room, a small room with a double bed taking up most of the room, and into the formal living room. Like you, I want my creative space to be beautiful as well as functional. In your china cabinet you have boxes and magazine storage that look like you covered yourself with fabric to match your room. Can you explain how you did it, or were you lucky enough to find them ready made? Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:37 PM

The white, pink and turquoise colored boxes are actually photo boxes that I patiently waited for 50% off at micheals and hobby lobby. I bought a few at a time until I had the amount I needed. I can't wait to see your space.
Originally Posted by roselady View Post
Your room is beautiful!! I am in the process of moving my sewing room out of the guest room, a small room with a double bed taking up most of the room, and into the formal living room. Like you, I want my creative space to be beautiful as well as functional. In your china cabinet you have boxes and magazine storage that look like you covered yourself with fabric to match your room. Can you explain how you did it, or were you lucky enough to find them ready made? Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-15-2014, 04:06 AM

We all are drooling. This is beautiful space to work. I don't have enough storage so always cluttered which cuts down on productivity. You have inspired me to get dreaming and clean up my junky room
Old 01-15-2014, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

I love love love your furniture!
Old 01-15-2014, 06:46 AM

Thank you, such a joy to know one can inspire another!
Originally Posted by annieshane View Post
We all are drooling. This is beautiful space to work. I don't have enough storage so always cluttered which cuts down on productivity. You have inspired me to get dreaming and clean up my junky room
Old 01-15-2014, 06:47 AM

Thank you, luckily most of it was give to me free and with a little work they turned into treasures.
Originally Posted by joyce888 View Post
I love love love your furniture!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:37 AM

gorgeous space....I would definitely be inspired in this lovely room
Old 01-19-2014, 02:02 PM

very pretty, good luck with it
Old 01-21-2014, 06:39 AM

Oh, I love your space!! It is decorated just lovely. Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas. You are so nice to share all these money saving storage tips. I will be able to finally have my own sewing space this year. I will be taking over our sun room which is climate controlled. I will have to think about some type of window treatment though. But will definitely be employing some of your GREAT money saving storage ideas. THANK YOU!

Last edited by Judith1005; 01-21-2014 at 06:44 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:20 PM

Love it,you;ve done a wonderful job!!!!
Kathi