Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-15-2014, 08:10 AM

Brat, you are so funny. I have a friend who does all her sewing at the dining room table too, but not because she doesn't have another room. She just likes to be sewing and close to the action at the same time. I have my own room for sewing and computer but have thought of moving to the living room just for those reasons. But the mess.....

You are so right on the dustbowl era. We are lucky to live in these times, even though we wonder at times.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:12 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]456720[/ATTACH] Got my border fixed. Ready for round 2.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	456720  
Old 01-15-2014, 04:40 PM

Mimi: Bright and pretty! Congrats.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:53 PM

Thanks, Emma. That's another great thing about this board. I would have never noticed that 2 corners were different until it was way too late to fix but it was sweetly pointed out to me & an easy fix at this point.
Love y'all.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter 65 View Post
Vicki, that is very complimentary to the center. Are the yellows different colors or is there some show through from the object on which it is placed. Makes it look shadowy and gives it dimension. Whatever it is, very pretty.
Both the yellow & the green are mottled...not solid. I used them thinking that same thing; that it would give it dimension. Thanks to Marion (mfay) because she sent me the fabric a couple years ago. Knew I wanted to make a future great-grandbaby quilt with it...didn't know what pattern I wanted to use. This just happened to be the perfect pattern, I think. I have finished it & the back but can't take pic till next week...I'm so happy with how the front & the back turned out...it is a double-sided quilt, & turned out 40x40...great size for a baby, I think. I promise I will post next week.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:41 PM

Mimi, I am really enjoying your block and its evolution. (But I am enjoying everyone's) Looking forward to seeing the progress of all. I am just following and not participating...too many UFO's calling my name.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:37 PM

Hi all finally got my material and did my first round which is checkerboard around using black and cat's eye's materials. Check it out in my albums. Site won't let me post here , but will let me post in albums. Name of album is Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along Progress. This is where I will post pictures when my rounds are finished. Took picture before trimming outer edges. Let me know what you think Always wanted a cat quilt and found a panel that I really like so here is my chance to make one. You can't tell I'm a cat lover lol

Last edited by pbadder; 01-15-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
Mimi, I am really enjoying your block and its evolution. (But I am enjoying everyone's) Looking forward to seeing the progress of all. I am just following and not participating...too many UFO's calling my name.
You know last year my resolution was no more quilt making till UFO's are gone and guess what got my final one at the quilter's getting done. I had at least 15 tops just sitting in my pile. Now I don't have any and have made two quilts so far this year. Not a one is in my pile do them and complete them now. I have great grandchildren that I love to make quilts for one is a girl two years old, and the other a Boy who will be three at the end of this month just completed a quilt from the quilting quickly magazine called I'm not afraid of the dark it is an alphabet quilt from googlies alphabet panel it really turned out darling. They both go to preschool and I just adored the pattern and couldn't resist making it for him.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:21 AM

If this is the Dutchie I've known for years??? That's totally unlike you but welcome aboard. Retta aka nascarquilter aka chefbwarner.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:13 AM

pbadder love it! I can not post pictures here I have to go to facebook post them there, copy it, then can put it in as an url here and it works. what a royal pain. You could send them to another member here to post there appear to be many who can post pictures the good old fashioned way. Once I went to windows 8 I was out of luck not able to post without all the hastle of facebook first. At least I can go facebook however otherwise I would be stuck too. I can put in albums also btw. what is with that???

ok curiosity is making me ask it appears many are going ahead and doing different blocks or doing several rounds of borders all ready. As we go farther along it takes longer to do a border trust me. question is are you wanting us to post rounds for you to optionally use in the future or is it everyone just mans their own ship so to speak? Just don't want to offer something if its not wanted/needed. Not sure about Jans feelings just came to me this morning so I hope she knows I speak for myself. We both missed each other by phone yesterday so no time to catch up on this. I am almost ready to plan the next round. I like doing a bit, putting it down and working on something else a bit, then coming back to this. I know this might drive someone else nuts but variety always works wonders for me.

As to having all those tops together P I think OMG your together. I have visions of mine becoming beautiful tops all those blocks in piles in the bin.. ufo's. So far.. they are looking lovely together. I would think they might even look prettier if sewn together too My visit is going grand with the kids, they are so cute and silly together. Ah to be so young again.. no thanks! lol