Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Long Holiday Weekend - What will you be making this weekend >

Long Holiday Weekend - What will you be making this weekend

Long Holiday Weekend - What will you be making this weekend

Old 01-18-2014, 07:26 PM

I'm staying with my son who had surgery o lt. Knee on Tuesday. I will here awhile. I miss my sewing and my husband.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:27 PM

I just finished a table runner for our guild's quilt auction and want to start some "girly" pillowcases that I will crochet lacey looking edgings on. Maybe I"ll start them tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to work on the english paper piecing project I started before I got wrapped up in making Christmas gifts. It's using 3 different shapes and the fabric looks like my blue & white china plates. It's for a friend if I ever get it done LoL.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:41 PM

I lost my quilting motivation about a year ago, and I finally sat at my machine last week. I hope to finish my Turning Twenty quilt top finished this week.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:01 AM

First I have to grade papers from a math quiz that I gave on Friday....then I will work on fitting two pieces of a postage stamp quilt together---looks like some of my seam allowances weren't perfect so there is some variation where there definitely should not be any! Then I need to cut the star and center pieces for the batik Log Cabin Star that I am starting....
Old 01-19-2014, 05:35 AM

I'm working on the last 10 blocks for my Fresh quilt from Camille Roskelly's book, Simply Retro. http://www.amazon.com/Simply-Retro-C.../dp/1607056844
It's pictured on page 7 if you click the Look Inside on this link. I've been wanting to do a HST star quilt for a while, and thought this one is just lovely. I also purchased layer cakes in the same fabric line as shown.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:50 AM

Need to work on a tiger quilt for my 7 year old grandson! Got it started, 3 blocks done; then, yep, had to rip out part of the 3rd block because I put the wrong color piece in. The color code chart (or my eyes) is just really horrible! Laid it back out, and guess what ~ there is another piece that has to be ripped out and replaced. GGGGRRRRRRRRR!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
....maybe work on a charity quilt on L/A and then make more crumbs,or just rec'd 6"circle die for GO and need a gazillion circles for a yoyo quilt in an old mag...it is supposed to snow today so good day to hide from Mother Nature!
Had a free mini class exposure to "Zentangles" last week and I have been trying to doodle on 6inch squares of muslin. It is kinda interesting. You can find examples on Pintrest with instructions on how to make the various shapes. Then CBS Sunday morning just had a segment on doodling and it's benefits. The instructor made quilt blocks from her Zentangles but I think they could be used for labels if you leave the center area open. Also working on a Civil War sampler I bought on sale at a LQS. enjoy your extra day if you are lucky enough to have a 3 day w/e.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:29 AM

Glad to hear someone else will be putting the Christmas decorations to bed.........of course, that will be my DH and DGD: I will be finishing the last touches on my Glacier Star! Then starting a king-sized for my daughter's wedding in August!
Old 01-19-2014, 07:41 AM

Our quilt group gets together and sews the day away...hope to finish some ufo's!
Old 01-19-2014, 07:48 AM

I hope to finish up my Disappearing Four Patch by sewing the rows together and putting the narrow border on, so I can sandwich it tomorrow : )