Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-19-2014, 05:18 PM

Perfect, One round down, you are putting the pressure on me you know It's beautiful!!
Old 01-19-2014, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
AH HA, gotter done! Now looking forward to the next border design. Believe it or not, it came out SQUARE!!! Oft times square items turn out lopsided, at least for me!! This is definitely a different project for me..lolo I decided last night that it needed a bit of POW, so added the black cornerstones... I like it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]457483[/ATTACH]
I'm so glad you changed your border to this way...it's WAY cool!
Old 01-19-2014, 05:54 PM

WOW, what's not to like. You hit that one out of the ball park. Great job. I likey.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:58 AM

Turned out beautiful Vickie M….looking forward to seeing the next round of choices.
Jaba and Brat , you are doing a great job . I just love looking at all the different blocks, and the choices everyone makes gives us different ideas. love it all
Old 01-20-2014, 02:08 PM

Love the second peacock block, seems to show up better. I'm seriously considering joining this group. I hate seeing so many people having fun without me! So glad you're still in your 1st month!!
Old 01-20-2014, 02:16 PM

Marilyn: It really is fun, welcome.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:30 PM

It will,be catch up for me. Just finishing up a UFO I began in Sept! this is only one of many behind projects! But I will catch up. Hubby just had double hernia surgery so we are in for a bit? As he sleeps in the recliner, I wait on him and he tells me don't work go,sew! Who am I to argue? Lol

hugs,
Cajun
Old 01-21-2014, 04:54 AM

Cajun, he is a man so it might take a bit longer for him to heal than if say it was you.. patience shop for a bottle of that while your out next time. Good luck and hope he is feeling dapper in no time at all. Hope also you take his good advice. Go SEW! it was an order I am sure of it.

Well has everyone caught up yet? don't want to leave anyone behind on the 1st with our next postings! if you haven't started its not too late! pull out a panel you have or just whip up a larger center (say 24") and your on board with everyone else. See how easy that is? I am almost done finally with my other quilt top so I can start again on this one. That one has thrown me a bit but getting there. I have all the sides done but now to figure out the corners.. sometimes that is a big one for me its a do I do this or that so not as horrible as it could be. Praying all the sides fit beautifully. These round robins when worked on by a group can get out of size wack. This one the last round was to be 4.5 inches sewn it would end up 4.25 its now 4.85 and not sure how to cut it down to fit as A) its not my work, B) there is a whole lot of applique that I would have to be careful to make sure it was evenly reduced so the line is straight when looked at it. I am scared to death! and for the record often these items come to you out of size.. a center 11 3/4? the next 4.5 inch round is showing 4.00 instead of the seam allowance and you wonder how will I figure this one out... AND YOU DO if you have to add a spacer you simply add a spacer.. make it look like you planned it that way. wish me luck this will be finished by this weekend so I can get my round done and photographed for everyone.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:44 PM

I found it....called "ENTWINED"
Old 01-21-2014, 06:11 PM

Been working on a round all day. This is the "funky" round if you started with a 24 1/2" x 24 1/2" center, now you should have a center that measures 32 1/4" hmmmm 6" doesn't divide evenly. This will be a fill in somewhere, but I got it today. Think it will work for most of you if you choose this border. Tomorrow will start on the smaller blue "squiggly" one.