Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-21-2014, 07:14 PM

Oh yes, looking forward to the "squiggley" one! Mine is too uniform right now and I need squiggley. ha ha
Old 01-21-2014, 07:28 PM

Oh no! We are having a blizzard & the floral fabric I bought on Ebay has not come- pansies, iris, violets. Back to my BOMs. PS It is fun reading this thread!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:30 PM

Mine measures 32 1/2 x 32 1/2. I'm going to need to add a 1 3/4" strip around mine to make it divisible by 6. But then I think I need to add something to make a break between the last border and this next one so one border doesn't run into the next.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:05 PM

I'd wait if I were you until you see the different borders. Don't know what miss brat is doing yet, I have 1 finally done and will work on the other one but it may surprise you on how to fill in those uneven spaces. If you decide to do one of the borders it may just work or if you like another one...a strip is always easy to add and doesn't take very long.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:35 PM

Mine measures 32 1/2" too.. Interesting to see what's next - this has been a neat project. Thanks Jaba & Brat.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:51 AM

Jaba & Brat, I started with a 12 1/2" center & only did the curling ribbons border. Did I read a later post that said to add another small border now to bring my square up to 24 1/2"?
That's not a problem, I just wanted to clarify before I sewed it on.
Thanks
Old 01-22-2014, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I'd wait if I were you until you see the different borders. Don't know what miss brat is doing yet, I have 1 finally done and will work on the other one but it may surprise you on how to fill in those uneven spaces. If you decide to do one of the borders it may just work or if you like another one...a strip is always easy to add and doesn't take very long.
I do plan on waiting until I see what you'all come up with before deciding what comes next. I have several ideas floating in my mind so we'll all see how things come out in a couple of weeks.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:21 AM

Mimi, I think you will end up doing less "figuring" how to fill in your rounds if you do bring it up to 24.5. We are doing rounds that are 4.5 and 6.5 inches. (think 4 and 6) They divide into 24 nicely. 22.5 not so much? also so anyone else who has a round that perhaps does not evenly go into 4 or 6 might want to up their center with another sashing type round so you will be able to use the proposed rounds easily on your quilts. just a thought I am currently working on a quilt that is uneven. the round in front of mine was 4.5 FINISHED argh and now my round is not fitting. I am stuck either adding to my round a 1/4 inch on each side now or trying to pull my round to fit it which I prefer not to do.. I could iron mine so it stretches out a bit and I do not want to do that. so what to do what to do.. today is the figure it out day. wish me oodles of luck. pictures forthcoming just need to get my four rounds attached first!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
Oh no! We are having a blizzard & the floral fabric I bought on Ebay has not come- pansies, iris, violets. Back to my BOMs. PS It is fun reading this thread!
I'm waiting on the mail to bring me some fabric too. I haven't waited for the mail like this since who knows when. Must get it soon. Of course, I can't do much planning until 2/1 anyway, but I just want to SEE it, lay it along side, imagine.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:40 AM

Finished my entwined border ready and waiting for next.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]458085[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Medallion1.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	458085