Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Round Robin #10 Humming birds >

Round Robin #10 Humming birds

Round Robin #10 Humming birds

Old 01-16-2014, 07:59 AM

I love it! The black really makes the colors pop!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:37 AM

that is a fun round! raw edge? meaning you don't use a blanket or zig zag stitch? is that sewing a bit in from the edge to tack it down but not actually covering the edge? guess I will see soon enough when it comes my way!

glad to see SOME movement here phew thought they all fell in the black hole and were never coming out! can't wait to get something to play with!
Old 01-20-2014, 05:14 PM

Ok with permission from Kelly I have tried unsuccessfully so far to reach sistastitcher. She has not responded to my PM nor to two phone calls to her home. I am wondering if she is aol on purpose or is not doing well . I hope she will take the time to call me back I was very specific with my phone number and why I was calling. I am absolutely not trying to be a pain guys but think if she is chosing not to play she should at least have the kindness to return what does not belong to her which currently is my center, Kellys center and much yardage of her fabric and Jan's center and possibly her fabrics as well. I did leave the message that if she is unable to return things due to cost of postage all she needs to do is notify one of us we can send a call ticket for it with UPS. I am working hard at being very polite. things happen.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-03-2014 at 09:23 AM. Reason: prayer requests only allowed in PDA
Old 01-20-2014, 06:52 PM

I do hope she answers, when we started she told me to send and now that I have and sent 2 maybe even 3, she won't answer any PM's or e-mails that I have sent. It really is very frustrating and If she can't continue that's fine, I would just really like my center back and the fabric that I sent .

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-03-2014 at 09:23 AM. Reason: based on prev edit
Old 01-21-2014, 04:37 AM

well hope she does too. she is chosing not to respond to Kelly also so not sure what is up. I hear she is talking on facebook but not to any of us going to give her one more try this afternoon perhaps she will just send and not talk. I guess this is why we don't send a bunch to any one person because this could happen. if they are spread out then no one person has too many of any swap. How about we make this a rule next time? less stress in the end.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:14 AM

I am giving her until the end of this week and then I am going to go the registered letter route.

This swap (not just our group, but all groups) has had more people go MIA than any other swap I've been in on this board. I'm becoming very discouraged and probably won't do any more RR's after this, as an organizer or otherwise.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:44 PM

Hey, I'm here. Sorry I haven't been posting - life has been crazy. I also do not have a center - I got one response from sisastitcher (not sure on the spelling) right around New Years saying that she was out of town, but then nothing since. I am hoping that I get something from her soon because I am getting ready to move (eeek) and I'm going to have to pack my sewing stuff at some point.

I promise I will try to check in here more often!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:57 PM

thanks Amy your very good to write. I hope we can continue and find a way to finish this with some dignity. I am willing to start a new center on mine.. and willing to do one again for Kelly and Jaba if they would like no issue with this. Amy I haven't had yours and would like to work on this. left another message today. hoping she will just send or even say please send postage. even if your out of town there are computers sorry. And if she is posting on facebook she is obviously alive and well so I figure this is an ignoring us thing. So if your reading this girl, please write ONE of us and let us know what you are planning on doing! we are waiting!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:59 PM

Would be nice Amy, doesn't take long to do a post, and we know you're still around. I have PM'd Shelley and she has never answered but tonight I offered to pay for the postage to send them back to me. I just hope she will let me know.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:12 PM

I called about 20 minutes ago and left a message. She is showing no board activity since October. I am going to go ahead and send a registered letter either tomorrow or Friday. I'm not waiting on Monday. This is ridiculous as no less than 4 people are actively trying to contact her and are getting zero response.

Shelley, if you get on here and read this, I want you to understand that we are upset and want our tops (and material) back. We promise not to ask questions - just return our stuff. I'll cover postage. But for goodness sake just pick up the phone or send a PM. This is ridiculous.