what to do

Old 01-23-2014, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I'd go home. LOL
I agree, I'd go home!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:40 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

ha! crochet, computer games, I do a lot of word games and I make YoYo's for my sister. I don't use them but have time to make some. She wants them for a project and still works 2 jobs and is still raising a very active family. So, for us it's a win win. I am crocheting hats for the children/newborns at the hospital now. Try writing about the time you are there. What do you see out your window? around the town? what stories have you heard or told at the coffee shop? try your hand at poetry and cross stitch. Walmarts has a 23 stitch machine for under $100.00. Go to a bowling alley and practice. I can't wrap my head around paper piecing but I would love to learn before I leave this earth. Grab some birdseed and find a spot to feed and watch the birds. have fun! Don't limit yourself to 4 walls
Old 01-23-2014, 10:03 AM

Years ago I did 'huck toweling' or it is also called sweadish weaving. ask at LQS about it.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:29 AM

I don't want to sound dumb, but what is a fifth wheel?
Old 01-23-2014, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Normabeth View Post
I don't want to sound dumb, but what is a fifth wheel?
An RV. Recreational Vehicle. Towable camper. Small living space.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 AM

Craigslist is a great site - but take hubby with you to buy anything!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:26 AM

I had to laugh. Last summer we decided to get a seasonal camping spot at our favorite campground since I'm no longer working. The first time out I packed my mini sewing/embroidery machine (Brother 400) with some precut squares and thread etc. DH rolled his eyes. By the end of summer I had my Big Brother (4000D), my mini, fabric, sewing utensils (you know...rulers, scissors, hoops, etc) and a large table that I can set up and take down as necessary. It proved to me that even though I enjoy fishing and the great outdoors, I also enjoy being holed up in my camper doing something sewing related. I'm just not willing to go without, even though right now I would give up my mini sewing/embroidery machine to be someplace where the high temp is not in the negatives.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:04 PM

Check on line to see if there is freecycle.org in the area that you are in. You can request a machine and other quilting items and see if anyone has the items to give away. Where abouts in Florida are you. I have an extra machine you could borrow, if you are close by.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:03 PM

Sounds like now's the time to broaden your talents! Check out other crafts in a local WalMart or craft store. Or, if the budget allows get a second machine, basic, as was suggested. I'd get a new one so you have a guarantee on it and can take it back to the store as opposed to buying one " as is " at a second hand shop where if it doesn't work to your liking you have to find someone who can fix it. By the way, what is it with men and Fox News? I sometimes wonder if Fox News will take over the country....spooky. Is it really so fair and balanced??? Good luck with your challenge.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:07 PM

I had no idea what a fifth wheel was until I read your post. I wonder where they got that term. I'll have to Google it. Thanks for speaking up! Good lord, it's cold!