Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed >

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Old 01-25-2014, 08:12 AM

Wow, gorgeous fabrics Dabbler312! Beautiful batiks. Its hard to go wrong with a batik isn't it? Love your dog's face. So sweet looking. I have an 80 pd. black labradoodle who is quite the character. We love him
Old 01-25-2014, 08:31 AM

Ok I called my LQS, the fabric collection I am drooling over is "Moda Midwinter Reds" I havent bought any yet and they dont have the whole collection, but there is enough there to work with, The pattern that looks great with this I think is the "Queen Anne" pattern from Benartex.

I did a quick sketch in EQ7 with the pictures of the moda fabric and the pattern, it isnt perfect but just wanted to fiddle with the colors a bit.

So here is the rough sketch from EQ7

[ATTACH=CONFIG]458534[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	QueenAnne_zpsd9210ec2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	458534  
Old 01-25-2014, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by zzmom View Post
Wow, gorgeous fabrics Dabbler312! Beautiful batiks. Its hard to go wrong with a batik isn't it? Love your dog's face. So sweet looking. I have an 80 pd. black labradoodle who is quite the character. We love him

Love batiks as well - Mr. Beasley is anything but sweet - he's a great big goof like me; he enjoys his life of leisure most days - however, last week one day I came home late from work and he got into stuff and had it all laying in a circle on the living room floor - he's soon going to be six years old - he hasn't done anything naught like that since he was a puppy. One day in the far off distant future I plan on having a Doodle Dog - not sure if I want a goldendoodle or a labradoodle - I personally prefer big dogs over yippy ankle biters. Doodle dogs are suppose to be nonshedding - is that correct?
Old 01-25-2014, 09:20 AM

Thank you Yosamitesa, I am sooo happy with my partner, sent her a pm to get the ideas rolling!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:23 AM

Love the fabrics pulled for the swap quilts, you can all just send then to me.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
Love batiks as well - Mr. Beasley is anything but sweet - he's a great big goof like me; he enjoys his life of leisure most days - however, last week one day I came home late from work and he got into stuff and had it all laying in a circle on the living room floor - he's soon going to be six years old - he hasn't done anything naught like that since he was a puppy. One day in the far off distant future I plan on having a Doodle Dog - not sure if I want a goldendoodle or a labradoodle - I personally prefer big dogs over yippy ankle biters. Doodle dogs are suppose to be nonshedding - is that correct?

I would classify the doodle line as "low shedders" as everything that has hair does shed to some degree. We had Labradors for years who are known to be heavy shedders and in comparison our Doodle sheds much less (or it is less noticeable). The longer we let his hair grow out the more you notice shedding around the house. If we keep it short, less noticeable. He is goofy and funny and a fun dog to have. He is in my avatar. He turns 10 this May.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Power Poster

Hmm that is a very pretty collecting and nice layout.

Originally Posted by CarolynMT View Post
Ok I called my LQS, the fabric collection I am drooling over is "Moda Midwinter Reds" I havent bought any yet and they dont have the whole collection, but there is enough there to work with, The pattern that looks great with this I think is the "Queen Anne" pattern from Benartex.

I did a quick sketch in EQ7 with the pictures of the moda fabric and the pattern, it isnt perfect but just wanted to fiddle with the colors a bit.

So here is the rough sketch from EQ7

[ATTACH=CONFIG]458534[/ATTACH]
Old 01-25-2014, 11:41 AM

have exchanged emails with my partner Mumukate and upon hearing about her preferences i have revamped my original intention. Now if i can find the right pattern and materials, i am going to do one of the quilts that has been sitting on my "to do " list for many years. Yippee!
Old 01-25-2014, 11:43 AM

so happy with my partners choice for me,just love it.it is some!!! Thank you Carolyn.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
so happy with my partners choice for me,just love it.it is some!!! Thank you Carolyn.
It is so me!!!