2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-23-2014, 01:12 PM

Still haven't bound the quilt, but will very soon. I love the peacefulness of hand sewing the back. Dh has spoken up and wants the quilt for himself. No door cover. If it keeps him warm and happy then it works for me! I bought a wall mounted quilt " rack" from Jaba, that her husband made, and will hang that over the heat. Then the quilt will be all toasty warm when dh wants it. It sounds like a good idea to me! I'll take pics when i get it hung on the wall! I'm so excited!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
Where did you go MadQuilter? we live close. Is this hidden gem?
Runs With Scissors on the corner of Auburn and Old Auburn. It's just out of my normal trails.

I'm in Elverta - where do you live? Maybe we can meet up for a coffee sometime?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

What fun to meet up you two!

Just finished 2 UFO's and made a wall hanging for school fundraiser. Pieced the backing (from stash) for one table runner which made it reversible. Wall hanging from the stash except for 16 2" squares which were "gifted to me. One yard out, 0 yards in!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
Runs With Scissors on the corner of Auburn and Old Auburn. It's just out of my normal trails.

I'm in Elverta - where do you live? Maybe we can meet up for a coffee sometime?
Love Runs with Scissors! I was just there a couple of weeks ago for border fabrics for a RR.
Have you been to Angle Quilters in Lincoln?
I'm in the Watt and Arden area of Sac. not too far from you. Meeting up would be fun. pm me
Old 01-24-2014, 03:34 PM

Teresa and Martina, How lucky that you two will get to meet. Please snap a pic (or have the waitress snap one) and share with us. That is unless you meet in a quilt shop and then have the sales clerk snap one!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:39 PM

Martina, if the flannel will be used soon and it's for a good cause, you deserve kudos, not lashes. If it goes in your stash, well then, that's a different story.

How fun to meet another moratorium member!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:02 AM

ok good news! I have a quilt for quilters quilt to make and she is ok with me using my UFO Christmas blocks but wants lots of white in it so I will have to buy some yardage of white to fill in as sashing and borders. should make it a pretty white Christmas type quilt and get two sets of ufo's out of the pile in the process. I swore only would use the UFO's and she is good to go with this. Phew! so will post pics of my starting blocks tomorrow so all can see what I am starting with and where I end up. yahoo!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:52 AM

Linda, you are so good about jumping in on so many projects and seeing them through, not to mention having a wonderful attitude about each one all the time. I admire you so much. Pics please when you get started on the Q for Q. :-)
Old 01-25-2014, 06:05 PM

You all can just send those never gonna use fabric pieces to me lol. I can't go on a fabric moratorium cuz I'm still building a stash.

Good do luck ladies in not shopping for fabric.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:09 PM
Power Poster

Well Martina if someone holds a shop open for you it wouldn't be manners if you didn't buy fabric....Have managed to steer my car away from Textile Traders when attending appointments in Midland...have put the Spotlight catalogues straight into the recycling bin and when Op shopping only bought clothes....should go on a clothes moratorium but am getting back into the workforce and all my old work clothes went into a wagga a few years ago. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it....I just realised...clothes = fabric....am I subconciously cheating?