Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW SWAP!  Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks! >

NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks!

NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks!

Old 01-27-2014, 07:06 AM

oh boy, so excited. Can't wait to see what I get back.Ladies so sorry I forgot to put my name on them but I have stickers ready for the next batch.One day I'll get it all together.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:55 AM

I enjoyed doing the disappearing 4-patch, but would be willing to try different blocks patterns. I would like to try anything Bonnie hunter does. Unsure what the Bento box pattern looks like, will have to research that pattern. I would like to have a few months heads up to be able to have time to search my scraps or buy new fabric. On whatever blocks you choose. Is that doable? Anyway, I'm enjoying doing all of the swaps I've been involved swapping. Thank-you for conducting this swap. Happy sewing!!!!
happylab
Old 01-27-2014, 05:09 PM

Wow Jane, you swapped those out fast! (Bet the batik will take a bit longer)

Thanks so much for hosting this swap. Can't wait to see all the pictures when we get them all sewed up!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:31 PM

Already?? How great is that...you have been a very busy lady Jane. Started working on the 30's from last month today. Did side swap so have to sew about 36 more blocks together. They are sewn, and cut and turned, now just need to resew and chain stitch and keep feeding them through the machine. Think I will have enough for a queen size quilt even without the sashing around each one. Should be interesting..tomorrow is another day to sew and sew and sew....Thank you all for the beautiful blocks, going to be a very different style quilt for me.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:35 AM

Hi Jane - just wondering about the return packs you sent this week. I kept my postal receipt when I bought postage to ship my blocks out to you along with the postage for the return package back to me. Thought I'd track the return package and the USPS.com tracking website doesn't show that the return envelope has been entered into the system to come back to me. Just curious about the date the return packages were put into the mail. Could be that they haven't processed it yet. Just checking.

Also, attached is a pic of my b/w/brights blocks...new layout. I like it but it because I can visualize the white sashings between the blocks. Just seems like something is missing, (besides a lot more blocks! haha).

Does anyone have an idea of what I'm talking about? Maybe putting some bright cornerstones or a piano key or scalloped border. Just not sure what it 'needs.'
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	blackwhite4.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	315.1 KB
ID:	459121  
Old 01-29-2014, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Yes, Nurse Bonnie, I received it and everything is finished! All swapped out and in the mail. What pretty quilt blocks, everyone.

Thanks for another great swap!

Jane
I hope mine don't decide to go the round about way getting here LO
Old 01-30-2014, 08:14 AM

Got mine in the mail. Thanks to all for the beautiful blocks! And an extra big thank you to our hostess.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:14 AM

My blocks came today! What fun to look through. Beautiful fabrics. Thanks everyone. And a BIG thank you to our hostess!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:43 PM

Yea!! my blocks made it home with out taking a detour . They are going to make a awesome quilt. Thank you all for all your hard work.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:14 PM

Hopefully mine will arrive on Saturday. We have been snowed in for two days (Imagine that - snowed in in Virginia Beach) We got around 8" overnight on Tuesday which shut us down-Mayor declared State of Emergency so the idiots would stay off the roads so they could get them plowed/salt/sand.
We are still snow covered but main roads are clear and we are back to "ops normal" as they say.