Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
True story about Joanns amazing customer service >

True story about Joanns amazing customer service

True story about Joanns amazing customer service

Old 12-12-2009, 02:50 PM
cjc

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Originally Posted by pal
I think the fabric stores should put an ad in the local weekly papers for retired sewers or quilters who would like to work 1 day a week for 4 hours. If they get 7 people, one for each day at a certain time (maybe 10 - 1p.m.) they
would probably have more business than they've every had
before. Not to mention that the "employees" would probably spend part of their paychecks for fabrics. The store would have good employees, the customers would enjoy coming in and talking to another quilter, and everybody wins!!! I'll
take any day that is open!!!!! Sign me up!
I applied to work at my local Joanns and was told I was too qualified. :shock:
I did the same at our local Hancock's. All I was looking for at the time was a part-time job doing something that I enjoy. Wasn't expecting to get paid a fortune. That's why they can't get good help.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Suz

I visited our local Joann's today which is in the process of closing. The next cloest store is 30 miles away in State College - 30 miles over the Seven Mountains. The road over the mountain was closed in October owing to the snow and ice. Yes, October and it was a home game weekend for Penn State U - so what is going to happen in January and February!

Corporate does not care. I am thoroughly disgusted with Joann's. They are only concerned about the bottom dollar. I was so sad today and I feel so badly for the friendly and efficient staff. They deserve better as do their loyal patrons.

Suz
Old 12-12-2009, 04:51 PM

I wonder if Roger ever worked for IRS? Several years ago I had to call IRS on that 800 line. The service menu answered, said in a non-emotional way someone would be with me shortly. Key word, shortly. I listened to almost 50 minutes of the Nutcracker and it wasn't anywhere near Christmas. Finally did get a "live" person who helped me and the business took all of 5 mins. So I guess this was pretty fast for a government agency.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:19 PM

I know what that means now. :lol: :thumbup:
Old 12-12-2009, 07:37 PM

Nothing like being put on "Forget" is there?
Old 12-12-2009, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Janette
In defense of Joanns, they're not all bad. I bought a cutting table in May, on sale at $100 from $169. The outside carton was damaged but the store assured me the contents were OK. I stored it until August as my sewing room was getting remodeled. When I opened the carton in August I found one side panel had a small hole in it (nothing that would stop me from using the table). I took a picture and the bill back to Joanns. They offered me a refund or another style of table as what I had purchased was no longer available. But, I wanted my table because it had storage underneath. I talked my way up to an area manager and went online to Joanns, explaining my problem. All said it was impossible so I resigned myself to patching the hole (after all I had purchased the table at a sizeable discount), and went on vacation. While I was away, my neighbor called to say a large package had been delivered from Hong Kong. When I got home I discovered that it contained a complete panel to replace the damaged one. Joanns came through, even when they said it couldn' be done.
Wow, that's a great story. It's nice to know some stores/managers/etc are still willing to go out of their way for the customer
Old 12-12-2009, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
I applied to work at my local Joanns and was told I was too qualified. :shock:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-12-2009, 08:50 PM

I am sorry so many of you have had problems. I do buy fabric at area quilt shops when possible and depending on the project, but I also buy at Joann's. Mostly, I use the coupons for thread or other notions. I am very lucky to have great folks at our Joann's. They have gotten to know me, in fact, one of the ladies saw me at a mall store and stood and chatted for a minute or so. They are always very helpful. I do agree on the wait sometimes. I learned long ago not to go on my lunch break!
Old 12-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Suz

I, too, shop at the lqs. However, my concern about Joann's closing is for those who knit, scrap book, make clothing, buy patterns, silk flowers, home decor, holiday items, etc and for those who cannot afford quilt shop prices. There are three quilts shops from 45 minutes to 75 minutes away. And of course, we do have lots of mags to get some of our quilting needs. But for those listed above who are not quilters, their resource is lost. Suzanne
Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

When I go into ANY store and the clerks are on a cell phone talking/texting I ask them very loudly "Hey tell whoever you are talking or texting a big HELLO for me" With a big smile on my face :D They do not like their cell phone usage being called to attention that way...so usually I get the attention that we ALL deserve. What is up with cell phones being allowed during working hours? It is downright rude and frustrating to have a call or text take presedence over a customer... If it is an emergency, they can call the store and be paged or the call transferred...but why should I have to wait for them to read a LMBO text when they should be ringing me up!!!