Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Lock Elegante Opinions? >

Baby Lock Elegante Opinions?

Baby Lock Elegante Opinions?

Old 01-27-2014, 07:17 PM

I have the Elegante2 and I love mine, no issues at all with it, embroider mostly on it, but have made quilts on it and even free motion quilting
I have had it for about four years and other than a yearly cleaning at the dealer it runs perfectly! It has the larger hoop size that I wanted and love the ease of use of it.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:11 PM

My machine came with the 3.0 upgrade on a cd to upgrade the machine, along with Designers Gallery. I have since upgraded to 3.21 from the Babylock site. I did not purchase the Upgrade II as I haven't found a good deal yet. That iincludes the continuous hoop, more designs, etc. Check the Settings on your screen to see what version yours is. There is another update online to version 4.11 but version 4.0 must be installed first. If you are not aware all lower versions should be installed before installing any higher version. I was told doing all the upgrades makes the machine an Ellegante 2, without the great lighting and newer version thread cutter. I bought the 10 spool thread rack and attached it to my machine. So handy when embroidering with several spools of embroidery thread. Congratlations on your new 'Baby'. I think you are going to enjoy the learning process and discovering all that the Ellegante can do.