Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed >

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Old 01-30-2014, 08:43 AM

Good Morning/Afternoon Ladies & Gents!!! Just stopping in to check in and see how everyone is doing. Please remember to keep in contact with your partner. If anyone is having an issues contacting their partner, please PM me so that I can step in. Don't let it go months before letting me know.

Everyone please enjoy this process. Try something new. Step out of your comfort zone just a little to explore new things. Have a blast while doing it!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
Everyone please enjoy this process. Try something new. Step out of your comfort zone just a little to explore new things. Have a blast while doing it!!!

Well, Yosamitesa...I will be stepping out of my comfort zone - BIG steps - 'cos the pattern I've selecting has geese flying all over the place!!! Fortunately, my partner gave me a good tip on mastering Flying Geese - can't wait to try it! Now just "patiently" (yea, right!) waiting for fabric order to arrive.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=Elisabrat;6541880]I was just telling the dh that the puppy was ADORABLE. however that said they have to be.. ah no NOT MY SHOES oh oh not on the carpet! uh no puppies for brat any longer. . . .

I solved the pee on the carpet problem. I have stained cement floors . . . industructible!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by mumukate View Post
Well, Yosamitesa...I will be stepping out of my comfort zone - BIG steps - 'cos the pattern I've selecting has geese flying all over the place!!! Fortunately, my partner gave me a good tip on mastering Flying Geese - can't wait to try it! Now just "patiently" (yea, right!) waiting for fabric order to arrive.
OH!!! I need that tip. I have a block of the month that I'm doing...that all have flying geese and I keep getting the kits and go to start them and freeze...I can't do them. I'm scared!!!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 04:31 PM

I am SO happy my partner and I are communicating, as we have toptally changed direction for her quilt after talking about how she wants to use hers! I was going to rejuvinate a 1930"s DWR for her, but because it would remain a delicate quilt, I warned her. Since she wants to really use her quilt (yahoo!) I am going to keep plotting. And since I have not used 30's prints before, I get to go fabric shopping! The MidAtlantic Quilt Show is the end of Feb. down here, and I may wait to check out the vendors there. The selections will be awesome, although the prices are not. So I will work on the pattern ideas and plot, plot,plot...
Old 01-30-2014, 04:32 PM

my long arm club is next weekend (feb 8th) so I am resisting buying fabric prior to then or I will end up with what I buy and more again next weekend I really have to watch it lol

I narrowed down what fancies I am going to add to the quilt Now to know whether my partner wants to see it as I build it, or surprise her at the end I can take careful pictures not to show the extras. I am all for surprising at the end....love it! But will do as my partner prefers HUGS!!

Cant wait to get started on the quilt, and to pet the pretty fabric!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:09 PM

I have an idea of the fabrics I'll be using, just need to go shopping for them. Oh boo hoo for me! I will be plotting and planning until I can go to the LQS next week.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:17 PM

pm'd my partner last friday, just waiting to hear back from her
Old 01-30-2014, 07:35 PM

TWR - I can't wait until the MAQS comes again. We should see if we can meet up at/during the show. I am in Virginia Beach. Hopefully the 8" of snow we got on Tuesday will be melted by then.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:40 PM

Carolyn I love surprise so that works fine I will do the same for you. We can always change our minds.LOL